Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

random beeps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
last couple of times I've driven the car, past few days or so, I'm getting what appears to be random beeps that I know I never had before. Is there something with the latest update that changed a setting or something? I guess its more of a ding sound than a beep, but its loud and obnoxious. I heard it when I came out of my garage and I believe I was driving a few feet away, but then I heard it at least one other time on the drive as well.

See if the speed limit warning is set to chime. Mine recently started chiming after the last update. Drove me mad until I found it and set it to display. not sure why it didn’t chime before the update.

last couple of times I've driven the car, past few days or so, I'm getting what appears to be random beeps that I know I never had before. Is there something with the latest update that changed a setting or something? I guess its more of a ding sound than a beep, but its loud and obnoxious. I heard it when I came out of my garage and I believe I was driving a few feet away, but then I heard it at least one other time on the drive as well.
My 2021 MSLR just started doing this. Got in the car after leaving a store and it’s beeping away. It beeps all the time. Beeps in the garage When everything is shut down and you can hear from the outside. There are no warning lights or anything. Anybody have any idea what this is? Let me add that the stalkless 2021 is an absolute pain in the ass. Everything is harder and more complex to do. And more dangerous as you have to take your off the road to do just about anything.

I've got the same. Loud, digital beeps from the front. 2013 S, so it has nothing to do with speed limit warnings. It happens both when parked and while driving and can occur rapidly in succession, with a couple of seconds, minutes or even days in between.

My 2015 S also started beeping like 2-3 months back. It beeps once every 30 seconds or so, and it beeps both in park and drive. Is it because of dirty/misaligned sensors or somthing? There is no warning or any message on screen.

Random dings, bongs and chimes seems to be prevalent in modern cars lol. I remember as a kid my dad chasing rattles around his cars trying to get rid of them ….. the modern day equivalent is stopping the car warning you for things you don’t really want to know about🤣

• Funny
Reactions: valaeyron
It seems like if you are writing software to beep at drivers under various conditions, why couldn’t you also have the software post a quick note to a log file that can be referenced later on, showing exact date and time and nature of the issue that gave rise to the beep? I think they do already have some kind of alerts file, don’t they? Maybe they don’t want to clutter it with too many events…