Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random car alarms on MX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the past 24 hours I’ve been having random car alarms and app alerts. In some cases there have been no sounds, no flashing lights and just recently (during a software update) the car alarm was going off for about 2 minutes with no way to deactivate.

Webcams don’t show anything untoward was happening so no idea what is happening - does anyone know how the alarms can be activated? Are there internal sensors? I’m wondering if there is a bug or fly inside triggering it.

Anyone experienced a similar occurrence? I’m midway through a software update and the car isn’t responding to the keyfob.

For the past 24 hours I’ve been having random car alarms and app alerts. In some cases there have been no sounds, no flashing lights and just recently (during a software update) the car alarm was going off for about 2 minutes with no way to deactivate.

Webcams don’t show anything untoward was happening so no idea what is happening - does anyone know how the alarms can be activated? Are there internal sensors? I’m wondering if there is a bug or fly inside triggering it.

Anyone experienced a similar occurrence? I’m midway through a software update and the car isn’t responding to the keyfob.

Yeah have had random alarms a few times. Had to deactivate at one point and they looked at it remotely, asked about whether internal lights were on etc. Happened ages ago.

Only other time has been more recently parking under the flight path in airport parking. Went off dozens of times a day