Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

random chitchat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but even in the first "Existence" post there was non-sensical fiction present. Pepsi is in no way "Yummy!", I think he was thinking of "Coca-Cola Classic". :biggrin:

1. Funny you should mention that. I am drinking a Coca-Cola Classic right now. It is also yummy. Remember I specified opinions on things that exist, so non-sensical it is not.

2. I shot a 40 at golf yesterday, and I am not very good, so that was cool.

3. I also prefer "Existence", but you can figure that I would.

Good one!

So you're saying that existence is a subset of random? I could see if you were saying we shouldn't put random under existence, but I think we're good here.

:)
Strictly speaking, existence could fall under random. But the thrust is different. An igloo is a kind of house, but igloos have special requirements and building techniques and don't really belong in a discussion principally devoted to wood houses.

That would go in the 'Don't Thank God!' thread.
At the rate we're going, the mods are going to move Thank God and Don't Thank God and There Is No God To Thank all into random. Pretty soon, there'll be only one thread in the whole forum.

In theory, Random Chit Chat could be viewed as a subforum of Existence, since there could be some chit chat within Existence, which is not random at all, but rather with clearly defined purpose.

This is fun.

I shot 40 for nine holes at our regular track, par is 35/35. To be fair, we played the easier nine, but I was putting out of my mind; made a few 35-footers. Conditions here are pretty bad at the moment, we have not had rain in several weeks. All the grass is brown. What is nice though is that with the ground so hard, I can top the ball about 180 yards.

Oxford English Dictionary:

"Having no definite aim or purpose; not sent or guided in a particular direction; made, done, occurring, etc., without method or conscious choice; haphazard."

So by definition a post (conscious choice) can't be random?

www.physicsforums.com:

It could be that what appears as randomness to the limited human mind could very well be a extremely complex ordered state that just appears as chaos to us humans who at this point are incapable of seeing the deeply hidden organization.

Or we just can't see it as anything else....

Nice golf score BTW Matt.

Oxford English Dictionary:

So by definition a post (conscious choice) can't be random?

www.physicsforums.com:

Or we just can't see it as anything else....

Nice golf score BTW Matt.

Consider that the randomness comes from the fact you cannot predict what others will post. Yes, you can control your own posts. That's not random. But when I look at this thread, it is the very definition of random. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.