Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

random chitchat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m really not sure what the issue is here. Are you saying that only some people’s experiences and reactions are valid? Do you lack empathy? Do you consider your desire to say certain words more important than a forum owner’s desire to do what they want on their forum including empowering mods to ban harmful language? Are you sensitive to rejection and felt like the gentle education on the impact of your words was a rejection? Are you concerned that we’re judging you for not knowing the impact of your words? Are you reliving a past experience?

A simple “my bad, thanks” can go a long way.
I’m simply saying that I’m not willing to cater to every single person. That a recipe for disaster and is rather unreasonable. Sometimes certain people need to think logically and rationally, instead of emotionally.

I don’t have an issue with “banning harmful language” I have an issue with random groups of people just deciding whenever they feel like it on what they deem as “harmful” and then we all have to play into their nonsense.

I’m simply saying that I’m not willing to cater to every single person. That a recipe for disaster and is rather unreasonable. Sometimes certain people need to think logically and rationally, instead of emotionally.

I don’t have an issue with “banning harmful language” I have an issue with random groups of people just deciding whenever they feel like it on what they deem as “harmful” and then we all have to play into their nonsense.
I appreciate the response. We have differing opinions on the topic, and that’s fine. Personally, I find avoiding certain words a trivial amount of effort, and I don’t want to have to decide which words are legit harmful and which words were arbitrarily chosen as “bad.”
I think it's a joke gone south.
Big mood.

This is exactly the reason homophobic slurs are banned.
Well, I asked my homosexual daughter and my homosexual coworker about the term ‘fanboi’ and they both had no idea and said they’d never heard of it. Nor had my teenage son who has several homosexual friends. I searched a fair amount on the internet and couldn’t find any references whatsoever, other than to say it’s an alternative spelling of ‘fanboy.’

I can’t say for a fact that no one has ever used it as a slur, but I can say it’s an uncommon use if it is and the accepted meaning is simply ‘fanboy.’

Accusing people of ill intent for using words in an accepted way is not only unreasonable, it’s counterproductive.

Well, I asked my homosexual daughter and my homosexual coworker about the term ‘fanboi’ and they both had no idea and said they’d never heard of it. Nor had my teenage son who has several homosexual friends. I searched a fair amount on the internet and couldn’t find any references whatsoever, other than to say it’s an alternative spelling of ‘fanboy.’

I can’t say for a fact that no one has ever used it as a slur, but I can say it’s an uncommon use if it is and the accepted meaning is simply ‘fanboy.’

Accusing people of ill intent for using words in an accepted way is not only unreasonable, it’s counterproductive.
Right, but it's not the word fanboi in question rather the word boi. Search and ask again. I had no idea as well. Maybe we should limit the use to fanman.........

The truth is fanboy or fanboi is never used in a positive way on TMC. Ever. It's always an intended and argument-opening insult. No exceptions. An ad hominin logical fallacy screaming its little guts out. Moderation should be about logical fallacies as opposed to legitimate discussions. I suggested the opposite of Fanboy as CALboy, class action lawsuit boy.........and I have no truck with CALboi.......let me tell you that right now.......

Last edited:
Right, but it's not the word fanboi in question rather the word boi. Search and ask again. I had no idea as well. Maybe we should limit the use to fanman.........

The truth is fanboy or fanboi is never used in a positive way on TMC. Ever. It's always an intended and argument-opening insult. No exceptions. An ad hominin logical fallacy screaming its little guts out. Moderation should be about logical fallacies as opposed to legitimate discussions. I suggested the opposite of Fanboy as CALboy, class action lawsuit boy.........and I have no truck with CALboi.......let me tell you that right now.......
Still too gender specific. Fanperson? Fanentity? Fankin?

Or maybe just “shill” to make it easy. 😂

1668317158602.png

Does that make you a fanshill?

Moderator Note: A bunch of off-topic posts moved to random chitchat.

There are multiple moderators at TMC and while we are all trying to enforce the Forum Rules, we can also have slightly different interpretations, just the way judges can interpret things differently. Personally, I find the words "troll" or "fanboy" to be ad hominem fallacies and I try to move them away whenever I see them. The problem is that this forum is large and busy and there are relatively few of us to clean things up, so sometimes they get by, sometimes they don't. Intent can matter, member post history can as well, etc. There are factors that go into each move.

Knowing the moderation staff, I do believe that everyone has the absolute best intentions. We wouldn't volunteer our time here if we didn't want this place to be a smooth, cooperative place for discussion. I think if you disagree with a moderator's choices, that's fine, because most on the receiving end do. But to publicly poke fun of their good intentions in a thread is, well, not a good look, and doesn't appear to have any gratitude for what they are at least trying to do. That's my opinion. I know @Krash is much more laid back about this kind of thing, so I'm not speaking for him. Just speaking as a human being watching someone try to be thoughtful and being mocked for it.

On to your regularly scheduled FSD Beta 10.69 discussion...
Ok, I give that a 9.5. However, I didn't notice anyone mocking Krash, in fact, I thought he gained cooperation and respect by being flexible. Life is not meant to be taken too seriously after all. For my part in dragging us off topic by unintentionally introducing the fanboy topic and then playing with that concept, I certainly recognized we were a bit too far down Alice's diversion. What I did not see was indulgence in the often ubiquitous ad hominin logical fallacy ploy. Although rather far off path, in my opinion the response here would have been well served by simply saying.......alright nothing else to see here.........move along.........ok, moving on........

Status
Not open for further replies.