TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Random "Contact Tesla Service" messages

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by qadaemon, Sep 29, 2016.

1. qadaemon

qadaemon Member

Anyone else have random "Car Needs Service Contact Tesla Service" messages pop up on the dash display? Once or twice a week I get it, and the car won't go into gear while the message is up. I've called Tesla while it is happening several times, but they never see anything wrong with it remotely. Rebooting the displays doesn't help. If I shut and lock the doors, & walk away for a few minutes it disappears.

SC had it in twice to take a look but never finds anything, unfortunately. They thought it was related to energy saving being on, but it still happens with it off. Hopefully someone here has some experience.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. ptsagcy

ptsagcy Member

Yes I've had it and the car would not restart. Tesla replaced the main power cable that goes from the high power distribution box to the front motor. They said it's a known issue. Get it resolved before it leaves you stranded.

• Like x 1
  3. ShotgunF15E

ShotgunF15E Member

I've gotten that once but it was only a loose cable that they could see in the logs. Fixed it right away.

This is not normal and should not be happening with your car. Elevate the issue until it's resolved.