Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random deep sleep

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently traded my S90D for a 2018 S100D. Whether it's the new car, or recent s/w, it now goes into deep sleep at random times. Deep sleep being where you get into the car and you get a warning on the dash that the systems are starting up and wait until the message disappears. Range Mode if OFF and I can find no other relevant settings.

It does this at random times, sometimes after parked overnight, other times when parked for 5 minutes.

The car is also pretty slow to respond to the iOS app, with an long wait while it is "waking" the car, even though it's on the same WiFi network as my phone.

A visit to the service center was of no help, they told it was a function of new s/w and I should complain to the Tesla customer support email (which I've done).

Anybody else seeing this?

Mine started this after v9 was loaded.
I get, sit down, alls dark for many seconds.
It's annoying as heck. Especially in the morning when im ready to leave.
You r lucky, v9 stopped my super charging , only able to charge Gen 5 sc. Im trapped at home, cant go north or south on I95 cause they are all old chargers.
Tesla says they are working on it since November.

I think that setting disappeared with v9. The only setting I've found is Range Mode under driving and that is disabled.

I got the usual Tesla run around. Service Center said to contact support, support said to make an appointment with the service center!

Must be an mcu2 thing or something, my classic MS still has it, a check box next to energy savings mode.