TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

random "driver assistance features unavailable"

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by musk fan, Oct 25, 2015.

1. musk fan

musk fan Member

#1 musk fan, Oct 25, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
    Please ignore. I should've searched for similar threads before posting this. My bad.

Ever since the 7.0 upgrade, about once or twice a week, I'll get the following error message when turning on the car in the morning: "Driver assistance features unavailable. Contact customer support."

I'm reluctant to call the 800# since I doubt that it'll happen again when talking to customer support.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Thanks in advance.
    -Alan

2. S4WRXTTCS

S4WRXTTCS Active Member

Something like that is going to be logged by the computer so no need to worry about whether you can reproduce it while on the phone.

Just call them and they'll pull the log, and hopefully they'll figure out what's causing it.

3. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

4. stevem

stevem Member

I'm getting the same thing. Happened about 4 or 5 times since I got 7.0. Rebooting doesn't help, powering off the car and back on doesn't help. If I get out and then get back in, that seems to fix it. Sometimes not. Called they pulled the logs and forwarded them to my local SC. It's going in thursday for them to check stuff out.

5. stevem

stevem Member

Took mine in and they said the radar unit needed to be re-calibrated.