Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random errors suddenly appearing while driving

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2022 RWD Model 3 AU
Software: v11 2022.4.5.12

I was driving this afternoon and suddenly started to see random errors appearing on the display mentioning charging errors and an issue with the parking brake (the charge flap was not open and I wasn't charging), it's not raining and everything is dry too.

The autopilot mapping was staggered, side cameras wouldn't show and reversing camera feed was delayed.

I've shut down and restarted and so far I think everything is okay. Has anyone seen anything similar and should I be speaking to Tesla? 🙂

Attachments

• IMG_20220315_140659~01.jpg
    IMG_20220315_140659~01.jpg
    770.4 KB · Views: 171
Oh boy, this must be extremely stressful given it's a brand new car. I will say this is definitely not typical or normal by any means.

should I be speaking to Tesla? 🙂

Absolutely. If it is a failing 12V, they at least owe you a replacement. For a battery to die 15 days out is ridiculous.

Tesla will have logs of everything, so they can see your vehicle was reporting issues even if you reset it.

Reactions: alex_au
So far after the reboot it seems okay. Will check the voltage of the 12v when I get home.

I wouldnt bother with that, myself, not on a 15 day old car. I would submit a service request, with that screenshot you took and posted here, along with the time and date stamp of when it happened, and ask tesla to diagnose it.

No need for you to to start troubleshooting 12v etc, unless you are into that sort of thing. Even if you saw some sort of voltage variation, etc, its not going to mean a "darn" thing to tesla, who will do all their own troubleshooting anyway, and not pay any attention at all to yours.