Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Gmail Log out...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Muzzman1

Feb 8, 2014
Los Angeles
Let me first say I don't want this to be a discussion of the use of the browser while the car is in motion. Let's assume that's never happening.

Now my question:

I like to have the browser logged in to my google apps email account, it's nice to see who/when an email comes in.

What happens is randomly getting in the car the browser has logged me out of my 2-step verification/gmail account. This also happens any time the touch screen is rebooted.

Another note, even if I check the box to have the 2-step stay verified for 30 days, it never remembers.

Does anyone know a way around this?

From my experience with the web browser, it doesn't seem to cache (store) data, passwords, etc, and perhaps in your case, the cookies that the server would use to identify you as a returnee. Therefore, until caching and cookies are enabled (not sure if that will happen for security reasons) then this problem may plague you and myself (and others) for a while. Unless someone has a way around this...