Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 9th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Chad Schwitters, the former president of Plug In America, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

Random Model S Dash Cam Clips

wk057

Vendor & Senior Tinkerer
Feb 23, 2014
Hickory, NC, USA
Hi guys...

So, I have a dash cam in my P85D and one in my wife's P85. Every now and then we're catching clips of stuff that I figured would be fun to share. I didn't see a random dash cam clips thread, so, maybe get this thread going with video clips from S dash cams showing whatever craziness you encounter on normal drives.

I'll kick things off with this one:

Driver of the Day (Dash Cam) - 2015-12-12 - YouTube

Copy/paste of my video description: So, was driving along a 2-lane road and this guy decided to just pull out of a driveway without looking. I was going about ~52 MPH, slowed to 22 MPH in response. So, instead of just acknowledging he was an idiot and moving on, he decides to try to wave me past while maintaining about 30 MPH in a no-passing zone with a 45 MPH speed limit. I can't see to safely pass (it is a no passing zone after all) so I don't. After a little of this he just pulls over into a drainage ditch by a side street and continues to wave me past. Looks safe enough, so I do, and then he pulls out at full speed (not as fast as my P85D, obviously) behind me. lol. What a jack***.

Whole incident looks more calm in the video than it actually was.

Lot's of S's with dash cams... what've ya'll got? :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Andyw2100

Oct 22, 2014
Ithaca, NY
Hi guys...

So, I have a dash cam in my P85D and one in my wife's P85. Every now and then we're catching clips of stuff that I figured would be fun to share. I didn't see a random dash cam clips thread, so, maybe get this thread going with video clips from S dash cams showing whatever craziness you encounter on normal drives.

I believe this is the thread you were looking for:

Dashcam video bucket

(Check out my videos in posts 88 and 105.)

Last edited:

msnow

Jul 14, 2015
SoCal
Hi guys...

I'll kick things off with this one:

Driver of the Day (Dash Cam) - 2015-12-12 - YouTube

Copy/paste of my video description: So, was driving along a 2-lane road and this guy decided to just pull out of a driveway without looking. I was going about ~52 MPH, slowed to 22 MPH in response. So, instead of just acknowledging he was an idiot and moving on, he decides to try to wave me past while maintaining about 30 MPH in a no-passing zone with a 45 MPH speed limit. I can't see to safely pass (it is a no passing zone after all) so I don't. After a little of this he just pulls over into a drainage ditch by a side street and continues to wave me past. Looks safe enough, so I do, and then he pulls out at full speed (not as fast as my P85D, obviously) behind me. lol. What a jack***.

Whole incident looks more calm in the video than it actually was.

Lot's of S's with dash cams... what've ya'll got? :)

Like the way this was done with the rear cam insert and music. As a viewer it felt like you were going much faster than ~52 though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC