Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DSC_1172.jpg

OK, not exactly random. Still a nice group of Modes S's and a Volt at Chabot Space and Science Center in Oakland Saturday.

Adding to the amount of people going out of their way to see my Model S, there has been quite a few who did not know that it was a Tesla, or for that matter, know very little about Tesla. They just thought it was a really amazing looking car. Common question: "Where is made, Italy?"

Thats cool in a way, as it meets the criteria of the original design goal, "to be an amazing car that happens to be electric"

This is me posting about witnessing a stranger's random Model S sighting. Sunday I was shopping with friends at a dept store. When we came out and approached my car, there was a woman taking pictures of it in the parking lot.

This is me posting about witnessing a stranger's random Model S sighting. Sunday I was shopping with friends at a dept store. When we came out and approached my car, there was a woman taking pictures of it in the parking lot.

I still get people taking pics of mine all the time, with me in it and everything (they don't seem to care, it's awkward). They are still very rare around these parts...I can't tell you how many times I see a flash in my rear view mirror to look up and see the person in the car behind me taking a photo of it. Best was a dude in a brand new Ferrari snapping photos of my car. I took photos right back at him! Hah!

I still get people taking pics of mine all the time, with me in it and everything (they don't seem to care, it's awkward). They are still very rare around these parts...I can't tell you how many times I see a flash in my rear view mirror to look up and see the person in the car behind me taking a photo of it. Best was a dude in a brand new Ferrari snapping photos of my car. I took photos right back at him! Hah!
Maybe they are taking pics of YOU cuz you're so pretty?

I see people taking pics of my car with their phone in traffic all the time, but someone up close and personal in a parking lot was a first for me.

I never posted about the woman who passed me in a white MS the other day on Gandy Blvd while I was waiting to turn left. I was so excited to see another MS in the wild, but she never even noticed me.

Yeah I've had a couple walk up and take pics, then the guy stands next to our car, and she take pics of him standing next to out car... like it's his or something. Funny.

I had a nice lady in a red P+ come borrow some plugshare electrons from my HPWC the other day. Silly as it sounds always being on the inside driving, I have never really watched an MS drive up and maneuver around in close quarters while outside watching. They really are pretty cars and stealthily quiet on the outside.