Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At that rate, I'm kind of surprised anyone in CA cares enough about sightings to take drive-by pictures. Then again, it's Tesla, it doesn't get old very fast. Once I started seeing about 2 Volts a day, I stopped tracking them, though I still spot them and think "hello Volt" in my head. Now I see roughly 15 a day. For Tesla, still only 5 after 2 years. In fact, I just realized, tomorrow is the 1 year anniversarry of my first Model S sighting in the wild.

I subscribe to this thread to look at pictures/sightings outside of California. In my drive, it is pretty common for me to see at least five to seven Tesla Model S. Still excited with Roadster sightings, however.

Saw this light blue custom painted P85+ at the Gym in Sunnyvale today. It belongs to Tennis great Roger Federer (or so the says the License Plate). Pretty cool eh? :)

bluetesla.jpg

I never think to take a picture even when I can... But we saw a lovely brown MS about 30 minutes ago at Square 1 Burgers on Tyrone. Bob, was that you?

I almost forgot, I also saw the gray MS heading east on Gandy again today, right at 4:45pm.

Last edited:
This one's fairly random since it's the only one I saw on the highway today at all - I was travelling south on CA1 coast highway about 17mi north of Hearst Castle, an I-can't-remember-the-colour S rounded a corner coming the other way; we flashed our headlights at each other in greeting. Great drive today on 1.

Darn it! I would've loved to see that. I'm a huge Federer fan! :wink:
LOL!!! I work at that Gym. I'll keep my eye out for you! The Gray P85 you parked next to was mine. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Yes and yes. I ordered my car with a custom color but then I changed my mind and I had it repainted at Chilton Auto Body, the same body shop that did the custom paint job for Tesla. It cost me a fortune but I love the color.

Makes note of Chilton Body Shop... Just in case. ;)