Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
a final random sighting from a visit to Scandinavia, this distinctive Model S spotted in picturesque Geiranger, Norway - population 250 (if you exclude the many thousands of cruise ship tourists visiting). didn't know at the time but seems the car is owned by a local chocolate shop.

IMG_9021.jpg

I know there are many Tesla Model S in Norway, and did spot a number in the various other towns we visited, but this was the only Tesla I saw in this particular town. There were however a lot of Renault Twizy electric cars for rent, and even a large public EV charging lot, with over 20 electric chargers and a Chademo station too (not listed on Plugshare I notice).

Reactions: ModelX
Random because of the plate...

...in California.

I was at the Torrance Service Center.

IMG_20160908_104758 by Dennis Pascual, on Flickr

They usually get Model S before it leaves the Port of LA/Long Beach...

Thought it was a Turkish Model S, but it turns out it was a new California one that has not received its US plate yet and decided to mount a Turkish one.
I could be wrong but this doesn't look like a new refresh to me given the chrome underneath in the back and the vinyl underneath.

I could be wrong but this doesn't look like a new refresh to me given the chrome underneath in the back and the vinyl underneath.

New to the owner... Could be CPO, like I said, the Turkish plate caught my eye. Tracked down the owner and got the answer (he hasn't received his California plate yet and just mounted the Turkish one decoratively)

Reactions: msnow
Yesterday, as I was running my errands, I saw a Model S heading northeast on Plymouth Rd. After an intervening car, there was *another* Model S! Typically, you see maybe one a month -- but, wait, there's more! I saw another one heading west on Ellsworth Rd., and a little while later I saw a FOURTH Model S heading south on Carpenter Rd.! I've never seen so many Teslas in the space of an hour -- crazy! I'm sure the fact that it was football Saturday had something do to with it, but still -- it would probably have been way more likely to see four Ferraris in an hour. I still can't believe it...

When I was visiting CHI two weeks ago I saw a chrome wrapped S in downtown. Also a white S parked in a parking zone in front of some condo or other... I saw more S's in CHI in 4 days than I have since I moved to Houston in June of this year.

I have seen two refreshed S's in the last 5 days here in Houston. One was a black 70D on the 290 West in Cypress-ish area. The other was just yesterday, white refresh (Sunday) going Westbound on the 99 Tollway while I was traveling EB.

No nods, no waves, no smirks/smiles/acknowledgements... so odd about Tesla's... of all the cars you would think we would acknowledge each other with a smile or whatnot...!

Yesterday, as I was running my errands, I saw a Model S heading northeast on Plymouth Rd. After an intervening car, there was *another* Model S! Typically, you see maybe one a month -- but, wait, there's more! I saw another one heading west on Ellsworth Rd., and a little while later I saw a FOURTH Model S heading south on Carpenter Rd.! I've never seen so many Teslas in the space of an hour -- crazy! I'm sure the fact that it was football Saturday had something do to with it, but still -- it would probably have been way more likely to see four Ferraris in an hour. I still can't believe it...
Wow. I've seen two within a few minutes on a few occasions during my commute, but those were the only ones I saw all day if not week. I had to go on a 4000 mile Supercharger trip to see four Teslas within an hour just once, of course all at a Supercharger. It was at St. Joseph on the way back on June 26, with two Model X's and two Model S's seen in the hour I was there.

Reactions: physicsfita
When I was visiting CHI two weeks ago I saw a chrome wrapped S in downtown. Also a white S parked in a parking zone in front of some condo or other... I saw more S's in CHI in 4 days than I have since I moved to Houston in June of this year.

I have seen two refreshed S's in the last 5 days here in Houston. One was a black 70D on the 290 West in Cypress-ish area. The other was just yesterday, white refresh (Sunday) going Westbound on the 99 Tollway while I was traveling EB.

No nods, no waves, no smirks/smiles/acknowledgements... so odd about Tesla's... of all the cars you would think we would acknowledge each other with a smile or whatnot...!

Maybe the chromed car you saw was this one:
Tesla Model S Gets Chromed & Lowered At Office-K

In Feb 2014 I was on a trip to Vientiane, Laos and was really surprised to spot a brand new Model S parked on the street a few blocks from my hotel.

A couple of days later I was walking by the same place and saw an lady leave the building where the tesla was parked - she was in the process of taking out the trash. I struck up a conversation with her in broken French about the Tesla. She explained that it was her car, and that her husband had purchased it for "her" during a trip to Palo Alto. The only problem, she explained, was that she didn't know how to drive.

Woot! Woot! Two in one day!

Midnight Silver P90D spotted on Sharon Amity Road turning onto Monroe Road, then onto Tyvola Road in Charlotte on the commute home today. Followed for about 2-3 miles till this jealous SUV driver with NJ plates aggressively swerved around and cut me off, being a killjoy!
IMG_3439.JPG