Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't live or work by the Factory or SvCs but I can typically see anywhere from 1-4 MS a day when out and about. Yesterday saw two black, one white and one blue. Reds for some reason are hard to come by here. I've only seen the titanium brown one while at a SvC or SC. So far no other colors. One day I didn't see any Teslas at all, noted it mentally and kind of felt like something was missing :p.

It's really called titanium silver, I think (not to be confused with the "real" metallic silver). Consider yourself lucky if you see a real brown or green...those haven't been made for awhile.

Bruce.

Reactions: SMAlset
It's really called titanium silver, I think (not to be confused with the "real" metallic silver). Consider yourself lucky if you see a real brown or green...those haven't been made for awhile.

Bruce.

Ah yes titanium silver. Knew it had a metallic name to it. Before our time looking to buy though, but I found it a beautiful shade of brown. I actually have seen the real brown and a green I think you were referring to but not on the road. Our detailers were working on an early MS in the back room, that I was told rarely was driven and only by 3 employees and didn't even have AP1 on it. It was a nice brown color, wish I would have thought to take a photo of it. The green vehicle I saw was a Roadster that they had parked outside our SvC. First Roadster I had seen in person.

Reactions: bmah
As many times as I've supercharged, and at many different locations, I rarely see another Tesla.
My trip to Yellowstone last June was similar on the way there, when I saw roughly 5 Teslas across 17 superchargers. The return trip was completely different, saw maybe 20-30, including my first decent production Model X sighting (new owner with temp tags who I briefly talked with, whose wife had a very early S, IIRC) and first updated Model S sighting (apparently also new, with empty front plate holder). Haven't been to any superchargers before or since.

TwoTeslas.jpg

At the market a couple of weeks ago there was a red pre-refresh S across from me when I pulled in.

My daughter and I saw three Model S's on Saturday on the way back to Victoria from shopping over in Langford. A blue, black and red one in the course of about 15 minutes - very fitting as it was Earth Day. Amazing as there can't be that many Tesla's on southern Vancouver Island. The most I had seen previously were two in one day.

Very easy to spot somehow - the sleek shape and recessed door handles I think are the main spotting feature from the side although now I can tell a Tesla by the front end (even a refresh without the nose cone). The back end is also fairly unique with the taillights and chrome strip with the Tesla T above it.

We're working on being able to add to the number of Teslas in Victoria this year with a S100D. :)

My daughter and I saw three Model S's on Saturday on the way back to Victoria from shopping over in Langford. A blue, black and red one in the course of about 15 minutes - very fitting as it was Earth Day. Amazing as there can't be that many Tesla's on southern Vancouver Island. The most I had seen previously were two in one day. [...]
It might have been because for Earth Day there were some events last Saturday at the Royal BC Museum including a presentation by a couple that recently drove their Model X & trailer across Canada. The local BC Tesla Owners Club invited members to attend so you might have seen some Tesla owners on their way there or back from the talk