TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Random Model S sightings

Discussion in 'Model S' started by TEG, Dec 12, 2011.

1. sickfox

sickfox Member

i miss this thread. there was also another thread where people took pictures of people taking pictures when they see a MS.... fun times...

2. wdolson

wdolson Supporting Member

I was wondering why this thread popped back up today. It's a good news/bad news thing. The good news is Teslas are so common now that it isn't remarkable to see one, but the sense of community from the early days is a lot weaker than it used to be.

• Like x 1
  3. MrKool

MrKool Member

Motorcycle riders wave at each other, or do the V sign, when ever you see another one on the road. It was also a thing corvette owners did I think we should start doing that.

4. wycolo

wycolo Active Member

The V sign can stand for 'vorsicht' meaning sorry in German, so potentially mixed messaging here.

We all remember sighting our first MS in the wild, a dna-altering experience for sure.
    --

• Like x 1
  5. wdolson

wdolson Supporting Member

Ryan McCaffery who has a podcast on Tesla tried to start a hand sign of doing an OK symbol with three fingers raised (for the Model 3) to other Tesla M3 owners until people pointed out to him that white supremacists had co-opted that gesture. I do wave to other Teslas I see when I realize before they're past, but most don't wave back. I waved at a Model S last night while making a left turn in front of it. I was gone before he or she probably registered the wave.

One time I thought someone was waving at me until I realized he only had one finger up. I don't know what his problem was. We were trying to navigate a narrow street with cars parked down both sides. We both had to go slow to get by one another. He was driving a V-8 Mustang so it might have been an anti-Tesla gesture or he was just angry at me for no reason for being on the same street at the same time.

6. DavidB

DavidB 2010 Roadster Sport || 2013 S85 || 2017 X100D

• Funny x 2
  7. bmah

bmah Moderator, Model S/X, California Forums

Nothing's preventing people from posting more pictures! (Kinda surprised the most recent picture posted is one I took over a year ago.)

Actually I wonder if Random Model S Sightings might become a thing again, as our cars get lost in a sea of Model 3 (and soon Model Y). Feels like that at some Superchargers and meet-ups I've been to anyway.

Bruce.

• Like x 3
  8. geoffmanley

geoffmanley Member

I can't even get a spot at the Tesla chargers at work because of all the Model 3s. I could get up earlier....nah.

9. Electroman

Electroman Well-Known Member

but then do you really need that charge, for you to get back home?