Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Motorcycle riders wave at each other, or do the V sign, when ever you see another one on the road. It was also a thing corvette owners did I think we should start doing that.

Ryan McCaffery who has a podcast on Tesla tried to start a hand sign of doing an OK symbol with three fingers raised (for the Model 3) to other Tesla M3 owners until people pointed out to him that white supremacists had co-opted that gesture. I do wave to other Teslas I see when I realize before they're past, but most don't wave back. I waved at a Model S last night while making a left turn in front of it. I was gone before he or she probably registered the wave.

One time I thought someone was waving at me until I realized he only had one finger up. I don't know what his problem was. We were trying to navigate a narrow street with cars parked down both sides. We both had to go slow to get by one another. He was driving a V-8 Mustang so it might have been an anti-Tesla gesture or he was just angry at me for no reason for being on the same street at the same time.

I was wondering why this thread popped back up today. It's a good news/bad news thing. The good news is Teslas are so common now that it isn't remarkable to see one, but the sense of community from the early days is a lot weaker than it used to be.

Nothing's preventing people from posting more pictures! (Kinda surprised the most recent picture posted is one I took over a year ago.)

Actually I wonder if Random Model S Sightings might become a thing again, as our cars get lost in a sea of Model 3 (and soon Model Y). Feels like that at some Superchargers and meet-ups I've been to anyway.

Bruce.