Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Vin # 48 - Red Signature Model S with Piano Black interior and black leather. Ready to be moved into the Bellevue Square Tesla store. (Seattle WA area) on the evening of April 10th. There was a delay, so the car should be on display starting Thursday the 12th.

Is this your picture? How did it look in person? That's basically the exact setup I'm thinking about.

Is this your picture? How did it look in person? That's basically the exact setup I'm thinking about.

Yes I took the pictures last night and the car looked beautiful! The Signature red was stunning even in the dark, I can only imagine what it would be like in full sunlight. The interior was hard to see because it was dark, but the piano black interior with the black leather looked great from what I could see. I'll snap some better pictures on the interior when I can and post them in the next few days.

Yes I took the pictures last night and the car looked beautiful! The Signature red was stunning even in the dark, I can only imagine what it would be like in full sunlight. The interior was hard to see because it was dark, but the piano black interior with the black leather looked great from what I could see. I'll snap some better pictures on the interior when I can and post them in the next few days.

Great pictures. If they have any of the performance wheels, even if they're on the wall, or the aero wheels could you take pictures of those too? Thanks.

Sorry to burst the bubble, guys, this is the same VIN #56 that made a brief cameo appearance on the Saturday at the 3-day Santana Row event last month that had 4 betas on display. One of the Tesla engineers drove it up, parked it across from the beta display and took off after. It's an engineering-testing beta and apparently, the VIN sequence is a different parallel one to the 43/44 that were on show. So, this was produced around the same time as the display 43 and 44. There were posts about this car back on the Santana Row event thread(s).
We need to compare those VINs for this thread: Decoding Tesla Model S VINs

Sorry to burst the bubble, guys, this is the same VIN #56 that made a brief cameo appearance on the Saturday at the 3-day Santana Row event last month that had 4 betas on display. One of the Tesla engineers drove it up, parked it across from the beta display and took off after. It's an engineering-testing beta and apparently, the VIN sequence is a different parallel one to the 43/44 that were on show. So, this was produced around the same time as the display 43 and 44. There were posts about this car back on the Santana Row event thread(s).

From a manufacturing standpoint, trying to maintain more than one VIN chronology would be, IMHO, an unnecessary complexity. I would find it beneficial to keep the chronology in tact based on when a particular car was deemed "finished" from a build perspective. It is entirely possible that VIN 56 finished prior to VIN 43/44 as those were made "showroom ready" and most likely went through more rigerous fit/finish, build and quality processes.

Again, this is just from my experience and I could be totally wrong :wink:

From a manufacturing standpoint, trying to maintain more than one VIN chronology would be, IMHO, an unnecessary complexity. I would find it beneficial to keep the chronology in tact based on when a particular car was deemed "finished" from a build perspective. It is entirely possible that VIN 56 finished prior to VIN 43/44 as those were made "showroom ready" and most likely went through more rigerous fit/finish, build and quality processes.

Again, this is just from my experience and I could be totally wrong :wink:

I could see many different lines of VINs. One for performance testing, one for crash testing, on for fit and finish, one for showroom models, whatever their purpose is in life. Maybe even Beta 0.5, 0.6, 0.9, 0.99 ... . I imagine when they start sending out units for delivery they will change up the VIN sequence.

Last edited:
These photos are of the new Red signature car that just was loaded in at Bellevue Square last night: Vin # 48
Picture 207.jpg
Picture 279.jpg
Picture 296.jpg

Saw my first Model S "in the wild" yesterday on my way home. It came out of a side street a mile from my home and turned right towards me. Kind of nice having a Roadster and Model S glide past each other.

Can't wait until my Roadster is sharing the garage with my wife's Model S. So long gas! See you later oil!!

Here are the notable items from VIN48 at Bellevue (exterior)

Handles look better, but they did not work.

April 2012 033.JPG

Front nose looks a lot better

April 2012 034.JPG

Body panel was way over the headlight. Hope they fix this

April 2012 035.JPG

Chassis looking from the front

April 2012 036.JPG

What is the power line running to the hood for? And there is the washer fluid!

April 2012 037.JPG

VIN 48

April 2012 038.JPG

Huge gap underneath the passenger side headlight

April 2012 039.JPG

chrome fairing underneath the side view mirrors

April 2012 040.JPG

It's easy to ding the 21" rims

April 2012 041.JPG

HD camera?

April 2012 042.JPG

drivers side trunk has lots of space

April 2012 043.JPG

passenger side trunk is hiding something. could that be a lead acid battery in there?

April 2012 044.JPG

chassis viewed from the rear. fairings installed look temporary

April 2012 045.JPG

looking at driver side rear wheel

April 2012 046.JPG

really bad chrome trim finish was glued to stay on

April 2012 047.JPG

this line didn't come out to well in the photo, but it's cool to stare down and picture how the wind will flow around

April 2012 048.JPG

chassis view looking at the passenger side rear wheel

Last edited by a moderator: