Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's a loaner from Tesla. For "inventory" cars, Tesla uses the MFR plates. CPO cars will have a regular plate.

^ That's a Tesla-owned car. All of their inventory / test-drive vehicles carry that same plate.

I've both MFG and DLR plates on Tesla owned vehicles. I know some states limit the number of manufacturer plates. Not sure what California does in this respect. I vaguely recall also seeing some Tesla owned vehicles with Washington dealer plates up here as well. So can't quite say all the vehicles have the same plates.

Today in Half Moon Bay, CA at lunch, first Titanium in public that I've seen other than mine.

5D3_4824.jpg

Ran an errand this afternoon in the northern Chicago suburbs, saw 5, besides my own. 1 White, 2x Black (including a black that had no 'number' on the right side, I hadn't seen that before) and 2x Light Gray.

Owners can request Tesla not to attach the lettering of the specific Model S they are purchasing and during production of the vehicle they are not placed on the rear tailgate (or trunk door) or whatever you call it in the US.

Tesla still provides the self adhesive number / letter combination inside the vehicle at delivery which can be put on the Model S at anytime by the owner if they change their mind afterwards.

Owners can request Tesla not to attach the lettering of the specific Model S they are purchasing and during production of the vehicle they are not placed on the rear tailgate (or trunk door) or whatever you call it in the US.

Tesla still provides the self adhesive number / letter combination inside the vehicle at delivery which can be put on the Model S at anytime by the owner if they change their mind afterwards.

Also, Tesla did not put any model numbers on cars for the first 6 months or so of production. My Jan 2013 S60 has no badge.