Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Parked next to Ace Hardware. I was standing there for a while, but came and left before the owner showed up.
20151016_202255.jpg

No picture, unfortunately, but my wife and I just passed (while driving the Subaru) at about 3:05 PM a Signature Red Model S that was heading into downtown Ithaca, headed west, down the hill, on East State Street (Route 79.) I think the Model S may have had a Gold Tesla T, but I'm not certain. I'm guessing this was probably the Sig Red owned by the owners of Purity Ice Cream in Ithaca, which was the first Model S in Ithaca. I had never spotted it before. In fact, that was the first time I've seen any Sig Red in person. There was a split second disconnect when I first spotted the car, as it looked like a Tesla, but the color wasn't right! :)

I was sitting at a Church mission pumpkin sale in Cresskill NJ, In about 3 hours I counted 6 Tesla's go by. One stopped and I had a good conversation with him. When I left I sighted number 7 in a parking lot. All cars were on Union Ave in Cresskill NJ except number 7... The most I have seen in that short a time span.

I went to Northside Grill for brunch this morning, as I pulled in to the parking lot, I saw this blue Model S with WA plates with its handles presented. I thought "gee, I better tell the staff that there's a Tesla with its doors unlocked so they can get the owner to lock it." After I parked and was walking to the entrance, I saw the car heading out. Oops! :redface:

Last edited:
I was traveling Westbound on Fairview Road in Charlotte around 3:30 pm this afternoon when I changed lanes to get around a car waiting to turn left. I was very happy to see a white Model S with a black top or panoramic roof in my rear camera. Followed me a few blocks before traffic got between us. My passenger was on a call and by the time it was safe to take a photo with my phone (i.e. at the next red light), traffic had gotten between us.

I was traveling Westbound on Fairview Road in Charlotte around 3:30 pm this afternoon when I changed lanes to get around a car waiting to turn left. I was very happy to see a white Model S with a black top or panoramic roof in my rear camera. Followed me a few blocks before traffic got between us. My passenger was on a call and by the time it was safe to take a photo with my phone (i.e. at the next red light), traffic had gotten between us.

Wasn't me that time, but I was down in Charlotte yesterday for a bit (dropped my wife off at a place on Fairview Rd) and I spotted a gray Model S in the entering the same parking lot at a different entrance. I was coming around the other side, and when I got to that spot it was gone. :(

Also spotted another, a red one IIRC, heading south on Hwy 16 about half-way between Charlotte and Newton.

Wasn't me that time, but I was down in Charlotte yesterday for a bit (dropped my wife off at a place on Fairview Rd) and I spotted a gray Model S in the entering the same parking lot at a different entrance. I was coming around the other side, and when I got to that spot it was gone. :(

Also spotted another, a red one IIRC, heading south on Hwy 16 about half-way between Charlotte and Newton.

There are a couple gray ones in Myers Park. The three of us manage to pass each other often. Fairview has three regulars that I know about, and then Colony has another two. Before getting my S, I used to see a handful a week around my house. Now I get to see one every day! I'm in Florida now or else I'd say lets meet up sometime. Maybe in November.

There are a couple gray ones in Myers Park. The three of us manage to pass each other often. Fairview has three regulars that I know about, and then Colony has another two. Before getting my S, I used to see a handful a week around my house. Now I get to see one every day! I'm in Florida now or else I'd say lets meet up sometime. Maybe in November.

You'll be seeing a titanium 70D tooling around Plaza Midwood and Dilworth before long. Possibly within a week. No firm date yet, but my service advisor says (wait for it) "soon."