Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
:innocent:

And to get this thread back on topic.

20160311_183849.jpg

Anyone here? This was in my subdivision. Titanium, with what looks like 19" cyclones, didn't catch the model.

Had one of my best sightings on NB Rochester in Troy this evening. A gray (or midnight silver) 85.
Got a thumbs up out the window (pictured), though I didn't return one because I was sort of caught off guard by how quickly he passed and he didn't seem interested in sticking around since he continued to weave through traffic. By the time I got behind him at a light, I felt it was too late to return the thumbs up and couldn't tell through the tint if he was looking. Instead, we both gunned it. That was fun.
2016-03-21_model-s-sighting-77_plate-blur.png

On Saturday I saw a signature red Model S at the intersection of Mill Plain and 164th in Vancouver, WA. I only got a glimpse at it (trying to get out of the intersection and not hit the car in front of me before the light changed to red), but it had Oregon plates.

Kind of a funny sighting this evening. I stopped with my family at a Potbelly for a late-ish dinner, and we parked close to the front, facing the door. It took a few minutes to order, pay, and sit down, but once we start eating, my wife looks out the window and says "your lights are still on." I know they stay on for a minute or so but I also knew we didn't get our food that quickly. Still, I looked outside and saw the familiar shape of the headlights staring back at me. So I started to walk toward the door and pressed the top button on my keyfob to make sure my car is locked, hoping that would turn off the lights. Instead, the car next to the one whose lights are on (i.e. my actual car) flashes its lights! So someone arrived after me in another Model S and parked next to me. I didn't end up meeting the driver before we left.

In hindsight perhaps not so random, since we were in Tysons Corner not far from the service center, but I found it amusing.

Reactions: Big-Al
Passed another Model S this evening, but too fast to even attempt to wave, flash lights, etc.

It was about 6:50 PM and I was heading East on the access road to Route 81 North at Exit 12, in Homer, and the other Model S was heading West, towards Route 281, probably coming off of Route 81. I could tell that it was a dark Model S as I passed, but that was about all. The video from the dashcam doesn't help much.

Below are a couple of pictures, coming and going, captured from my dashcam video. Feel free to say hello if this was you and your car!

033116 Model S Homer Coming.jpg
033116 Model S Homer Going.jpg

Driving out of Oslo yesterday I had four Model S in front in my lane and three behind me. so 8 in a row which is the longest line of Tesla's I have been in so far. Another couple of Tesla's in the other lanes, but counting becomes too streneous if I start counting Teslas in other lanes or with another type of car inbetween

Reactions: dedicatedtek
I took the Model S on a very quick errand this afternoon. I was planning on staying in the car, while my wife ran into the grocery store to pick up a couple of quick items. As we pulled into the parking lot, I saw another blue Model S parked a short distance away from the grocery store. I dropped my wife off closer to the store, and told her I'd be parked near the other Model S. I waited there for the few minutes my wife was in the store, but the owner never appeared. It was a P85, standard wheels, and first generation seats. (I noticed the short headrests in the back.) I didn't know of another blue Model S in my town, so this may have been someone passing through.

P85 April3 East Hill Plaza.jpg

Here's a sighting a bit out of the usual. Before lunch today, I went for a walk around the building complex with my team. One of the neighboring buildings which we share the parking lot with is an auto supplier, which I knew supplied parts for Model X, but didn't know if this location had much to do with it. Well, as we were walking by the front half of a vehicle, I noticed the large windshield, told everyone that it's a Model X, and snapped this photo.
h3AS6PZdF6MXA2EyPRs89QK2DuAJjNhx4ZiCX_8d-dRgeCJqxc3eRUJcUCXzPPyxcvYG0T7QtXDtX1gR3JpHwuAYo4TzYOqKfqESHpdLWV31XH3T3WEd4HyomqKDwVsdSk_qlRkTwwPT5mzo7JTeXW2IOY9XLfBfUtX7cpzQML06AOGvMR4NxZ0ZsgMSPHcE63mTZeC3OYps6GXrexdafeKHxWW6famWqI68cKrKkvto3bPXAgVFGj2QOoTBjD8MeOQqIG-hR5SaE8wJ6EWLXVXLRQvvgYLEldsns5t-I9upfMNpgmjorDqgB9FwNvGal-CBa7PCKfF5tW85Az4pCSWQ57pJhBYEHYFr-sOTDpbbkRR3_lquoMinIJWueRDXMUUygUgk8PMSc5D9_vVmbZk8Da2XWW4S3JHyomi3WCNmP-62MI-0GJQFKSaD_UOswPamT5VVcFlr_w4BaVXCXY84XPtihNeAAPfmKHVcDcqEQuRDXOIeW2gES8_DIwJFhztNUg9a1AR7nJg03pzYr10OIqaiz-age5LPwA6vaX8ahjv3NSrvbOm5nVzQK9lJJoQQ=w1268-h951-no

We continued on and almost immediately to the other side, we noticed the front halves of two more cars, which I quickly recognized as a Model S and another Model X.
3l0N5PcYl7Y00j1bbAKTql-mBWeOlS8lddhnSTKc4PegOHllnqA85WxBJWVJxLhX3GtUO_wAJCz7clbfU53582q6bcmDg--PRWEZXlKaTG2WtorZhjyLVZ6pHO-SYJCbT3QzSny2CKo0BSg71QdOATTZJiqrHLhBUNRB168CqGnPqLjvquyNbd8Zx-2hTRWQps4Wp6oM4WFPIdZPIoygRaRC-f4YJHppKB5Ne987ygodBtGba_gl-DwInxlDvC67-zK8JvACKmOsNNlaFQ2KZLdg6Kbw7T3d4ERe-_z66AZuYkphVE-IGyfG8s60Os2TRvXmIKFJ_dkpX1ZKjkxV2Jm9Xb6oeyLLEcICgAbdMr0SNRiYP7AOIJrv_y6KEhG5771yKeLo0rnsEIDO_oXp-GP-E9ET-aKuoT-JImXmRNXYy3b5lutBU-bCcpxv7bon02_Nwy1Yw_424xrZtefBljTrBHQESCboVkxneaxgE406A-tuTKL3hULWcvm3TI0p7RTLBrKjR8bHq_5Dsedja6U-z5QcCCpZ0uH3k5P1CpaMJ2przjCzQ0ZZLKb6shSX_gKk=w1268-h951-no

Those were the only car parts that we saw for the entire walk and the only Teslas in the 3-building complex besides my own (I estimate roughly 500 parking spaces). So, it seems this location is indeed doing a lot of work for Tesla. They also have an i3 with company decals, which I first noticed about a month ago.