Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Visiting Prague, saw a couple of Model S
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Reactions: ggnykk
wasn't at this event in person, but I noticed a Tesla quickly flash by in a brief clip on the local 6pm TV News last night (maybe this belongs instead in the "Teslas in Movies & TV" thread?!?)

- a red refreshed Model S was the pace car for yesterday's Gastown Grand Prix bicycle race here in Vancouver.
Screen Shot 2016-07-14 at 9.22.37 AM.jpg

the news clip was brief and I was too slow to catch a pic at the time but I found a video of the event elsewhere online

Saw my first random Model S "in the wild" in this city today. I didn't react as well as I thought I would. As I was moving slowly through traffic I said to myself of the black car coming towards me "That car's front looks a lot like a Tesla's." Then realization hit, my jaw dropped and I did a double take just as I was passing by, "Hey! That is a Tesla."

SERIOUSLY?
No one is going to point out the irony of a Tesla ruling in Gastown? :cool:
that's funny, I never gave it a thought!
fyi the Gastown area is named after "Gassy" Jack Deighton, a colourful saloon owner in early Vancouver history.
"In Victorian times the term 'to gas' referred to talking a lot, something which Captain Deighton had become famous for."

but now that you mention it, Vancouver city council makes a big deal about how "green" a city we are, and aims "to get 100% of our energy from renewable source before 2050". I wonder if it will have to rename Gastown then???
Anyhow in light of this goal, maybe appropriate to use a Model S as a pace car

• Informative
Reactions: Half Dollar Bill