Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This isn't an "official" sighting, per se, because it's not a production car, but here's Beta 55 in San Francisco (Potrero Hill) on Rhode Island and 19th St. Must be an employee who lives there and had this test mule for the weekend. Interior was ripped apart, car was de-badged except for the rear silver strip. Still, I recognized it instantly and had to pull over and check it out!
View attachment 8833View attachment 8834View attachment 8835

I saw VIN B00055 charging at Ecology in Santa Cruz yesterday. Note that the door handle on the rear driver side is missing (they duct taped over the hole).

IMG_0257.JPG
IMG_0258.JPG
IMG_0259.JPG
IMG_0260.JPG
IMG_0261.JPG

Test drive car now available in Bellevue Square (Washington State). Was able to take it out for a drive to day and it was even more amazing than I remembered. Sorry, didn't catch the VIN, but it did seem to be one of the newer cars. I'll stop by the store and edit the post when I can get the VIN.
IMG_1174.jpg
IMG_1178.jpg
IMG_1180.jpg

Test drive car now available in Bellevue Square (Washington State). Was able to take it out for a drive to day and it was even more amazing than I remembered. Sorry, didn't catch the VIN, but it did seem to be one of the newer cars. I'll stop by the store and edit the post when I can get the VIN.

Nice. How long were you able to take it out? Did you drop in and drive it, or call before hand to reserve a time?

Thanks for posting this! Might have to come down from BC for a "fix," since up here we are still at least 2-3 months out!

Gorgeous. Is the interior Tan or Grey? I would love to see a pic with the door open if you do go back...grey with one of the light interiors is one of the color finalists for me, and I only saw the grey with black interior in person.

Hi Jake, it does have the grey interior, so I'll try to get a picture of the door open. I was able to check out the ambient light setting and the front and rear doors have lighting in the gap where your arm can rest and the bottom part of the door, very nice looking in the dark. Also the auto-tilt mirrors were working, so when you put the car in reverse, they automatically tilt down. You can turn on the interior lighting (I think it was the 'dome' setting) and that turns on the two small button lights on each side of the mirror, so even though there isn't a light in the middle of the roof, there is enough light in the car with the button lights. I didn't check to see if there were rear reading lights in this car, but I would assume the rear reading lights will also come on when you select the dome setting on the touch screen.

The grey interior was very nice in the car. I liked the contrast between it and the black dash and top part of the door.

This is an old staged photo from Tesla! Don't think it counts as a random, real world sighting!

Hi Epley, if you were referring to my photo. I took it with my iPhone yesterday. If you go by the Bell Sq. parking garage, by the valet level where Crate and Barrel is, the Grey car is there. I went by again today and showed some friends. It's VIN FP1205. There may have been some zero's ahead of the 1205, but I didn't write it down. Right now the car is probably there more than it's out for test drives, but as more and more people are aware it's available for test drives, I suspect will be spending less time in the Tesla reserved parking area at Bell Sq. It really is a beautiful car and the color combo is nice. I didn't have time go to the store and ask for the key to get a picture of the door open for those in the thread that would like that. When I have more time I'll get that picture. The Tesla store front is in the mall on the second floor, so it's a bit of a walk away from where the car is parked.

Grey Perf in Bellevue with Grey Interior Pics

Blurry_Eyed-

A helpful little bird sent me these pics from Bellevue, where you can clearly see the grey interior in the sunlight. It looks to be a very light putty-colored grey, perhaps as different in real life from the design studio images as the tan leather. It is a very different look than the same car with black interior that I saw in Chicago, but still quite gorgeous!

These images of "real life" interior/exterior combinations are *extremely* helpful to those of us still deciding on colors before finalizing, I find...I only wish there were more of them! I am dying to know what a Green looks like with grey perf wheels, for example...I bet it looks stunning, but is it as nice as the Grey or Black vehicles we have seen depicted with the grey wheels? Who knows!

IMG_0523.jpg
IMG_0524.jpg
IMG_0525.jpg
IMG_0526.jpg
IMG_0522.jpg