Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw my first ever Tesla Model S ever in Chagrin Falls, OH today. It is less than 3 days since I placed my order! I was able to stop and talk to the owner and he offered my wife and me a ride. Just like everyone says, the P85 is just insanely fast. Thanks Martin!

Hi Chris! Great to meet you and your wife. It's always a pleasure to be able to share the Tesla grin :biggrin:
Now you know where to find me if you need a Tesla fix while waiting for yours.

Saw another S in the wild yesterday (Sun). This time it was a black S with dark tinted windows and no front or back license plates (I think). It was on Walnut Ave in Reisterstown around 5p. I got HUGE Tesla envy after recognizing the car - so jealous, just waiting for my delivery button!!

Saw my first Model S in the wild, out on the west side of Portland, over the weekend. I know there are a half dozen or dozen in town now, but they all seem to be elsewhere.

And then - there it was - a white Model S in oncoming traffic on Cornell Ave; very happy to see it!

What's this plug?

I am posting this as much as for Bonnie's sake as anyone else's.

In Monterey over weekend ... went to park in Public parking ... and bingo ... charging stations and a black Model S. (Think it was black.)

But in Ca, I saw so many it hardly feels like a "sighting".

My question is, after I was drilled about what a Roadster adapter looks like ... what is this plug?

Other charging station has EV-1 plug.

And the poor guy with the Model S was plugged into a 110 V outlet.

Attachments

• plug_type.jpg
    plug_type.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,212
I am posting this as much as for Bonnie's sake as anyone else's.

In Monterey over weekend ... went to park in Public parking ... and bingo ... charging stations and a black Model S. (Think it was black.)

But in Ca, I saw so many it hardly feels like a "sighting".

My question is, after I was drilled about what a Roadster adapter looks like ... what is this plug?

Other charging station has EV-1 plug.

And the poor guy with the Model S was plugged into a 110 V outlet.

AVCON connector. Used by earlier-generation EVs like the Ford Ranger EV and Honda EV Plus.

Avcon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I had yet to see a Model S in the wild after seeing it in person at a store in Santa Monica and about a week ago at the Geneva Auto Show, however I just spotted two in the past few days in the West Philadelphia area in University City. One was dark blue and the other one was white. Both looked amazing! I was pretty pumped haha