Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just south of the Pentagon, a MI registered Model S.

Assuming it's not a local who just registers the car out of state, my hat's off to the driver--running from Michigan to Virginia in December before the Superchargers are built out sounds like quite a trip.

Saw this beautiful, though dirty, Sig red in Excelsior, MN last night. Oddly, it still had its 21s on. Most of the cars in MN have had 19s put on with winter tires.
IMAG0244_BURST002.jpg

The 24 Hour Fitness here is door ding central. My last vehicle got about 9 dents from that place. These days I always park at the extreme end of the row where only one car can park next to me and hopefully with nobody next to me on either side.
And if you park on the right-hand side of a row (i.e., no parking to your right), then you only can get dinged by the passenger-side door. Since most people drive around solo, you improve your odds further. Further, if you back into the spot (highly recommended) you'll be opening your door into an empty area and not risk dinging the car next to you.

And if you park on the right-hand side of a row (i.e., no parking to your right), then you only can get dinged by the passenger-side door. Since most people drive around solo, you improve your odds further. Further, if you back into the spot (highly recommended) you'll be opening your door into an empty area and not risk dinging the car next to you.

Good advice. I'll have to see what I can find next time I'm at the gym (probably today). :)

I also try to look for the "staggered" parking places where their doors do not line up with my car.

Found a nice one at the Gym, right on the far right end with nobody next to me today. I had to laugh when I came out there was some woman pulling up nose to nose and trying to get as close to my bumper as possible. I jogged over and told her "that's perfect" and she stopped. She was about two inches away from my bumper. When I left, she got back in her car and took the spot I'd been parked in. Weird day for parking…

At the Container Store across from International Plaza today, or yesterday...my niece texted this to me today. Lawsteve, was this you? If so, please note it was my niece doing the stalking!

Nope. Wasn't me. Talk about a dangerous parking lot - that one is high on the list.

Nice looking car though. Only difference is my FSU plate E-PWR.

So this stalking thing runs in your family?

In regard to the burnt orange color Tesla, I was told by someone who knows someone (I know, it sounds crazy but let's just say that my source was recently 3 supervisors above me and they know some of Tesla folks) who said that the burnt orange color and other ones were going to be coming out. He straight up said, "have you seen the new colors yet?"

I started to search these forums for more information. I say this not bc I want to start some rumors but it IS something I heard from someone I trust.

In regard to the burnt orange color Tesla, I was told by someone who knows someone (I know, it sounds crazy but let's just say that my source was recently 3 supervisors above me and they know some of Tesla folks) who said that the burnt orange color and other ones were going to be coming out. He straight up said, "have you seen the new colors yet?"

I started to search these forums for more information. I say this not bc I want to start some rumors but it IS something I heard from someone I trust.

While on our way to the Big Island (Hawaii) we had a layover in LA for 6 hours and spotted 6 Model S's on the way to Santa Monica where we spent most of the layover.

On the way back we only saw one but it was something like this color, a custom blue or a new color. As soon as we landed in Hawaii we saw another Model S on our way to the hotel (one of only 2 on the island apparently). Never saw another Model S until I got home...

VFX calls his car color "copper" - it is a bit different from VIN 25k

5Z2C1242.jpg
2013-12-14 10.42.04.jpg