Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This thread is beginning to puzzle me. When it got started Teslas were quite a rare site. Right now in Portland I tend to see two or three every day, not counting my two co-workers who park in the same lot (or my own car - Hi GDH). Should I report every sighting here? That would be, err, boring?
I can try:
- black P85 on 21" in Downtown Portland around 11
- white Model S with pano on Hwy 26 near the Cornel Rd exit, going the other direction around 11:30
- white Model S85, 19" (?) no pano on Hwy 26 near Sylvan around 4pm

dirkhh, you should follow our (Californian) lead. We had stopped posting here a long time ago; on my commute route, I see about 7 or 8 going the same way and about the same going the opposite way. x2 in the evening.

Not only in California. In our small neck of the woods: there's a white MS belonging to one of our neighbors, a grey one that drives the opposite way to my wife every morning, a black one at our school, a blue one at our school, a red one we see regularly at Publix, another one we see regularly at the polo games, not to mention Larry's Sig Red and DavidM's green one that we see around town.....the list goes on and on, barely a day goes past that one of us doesn't see another MS.

Hey guys I saw my second Model S at Skutberget camping on the 17th of April in Karlstad, Värmland in Sweden. It was getting juiced up at the camping. Värmland is neighbouring the border to Norway. It was a beautiful silver Model S with norwegian plates. On friday the 18th I see my 3rd ever Model S driving behind me! It was also a Norwegian Model S, a white one. Damn it was surreal to see 2 Model S at the same weekend in Sweden. I loved it :)

10152450_10152170157708495_7505363037897596138_n.jpg

Holiday in Philadelphia-- Very few Tesla sightings so far but caught a couple today.
Blue MS cruising for parking in Chestnut Hill shopping district (Germantown Avenue area). No picture of that one-- but found a silver beauty in the parking lot behind a Coop grocery:
View attachment 47511

Also made the pilgrimage out to King of Prussia store to say "hi" and took a snapshot of the gathered flock. Was happy to see the floor model in the store is the same color combo we are waiting on (and have RARELY SEEN!!), grey/tan/obeche gloss. Would include a picture but not really random to see a Tesla in a Tesla store. I read the warning. :wink:

View attachment 47512

Too bad you didn't see me while visiting Philly. I'm in a brown metallic. Some days I see 2 or 3 Teslas, other times I go days without seeing one.

Way behind posting these. Spotted this one heading south on I95 on April 5th, I pulled onto the highway and they were right beside me as I came on, gave em a wave as I let them pass me. It was actually a signature owner who I met before at a Tesla event, but don't know if they are active on the forums... the owner also has a super sexy midnight blue roadster :)
IMG_20140405_144052.jpg

This one I barely caught on April 12th heading south on Route 1, I don't know if they saw me, but didn't get to wave at each other :(
IMG_20140412_112639.jpg

Also saw a Silver one also heading south later that same day, we were going in the same direction so since we were both stuck in traffic we chatted it up for a while. Funny thing is this was the major spring break weekend and both owners has CT tags :)

I think I just saw my first Michigan Tesla! It happened so fast, I just caught it out of the corner of my eye. I was heading East on I-96, they were heading West, between Lansing and Grand Rapids about 4:15 pm today. It might have been green, but it's overcast so I'm not positive. Hopefully someone on here can confirm that it actually was the elusive Mid-Michigan Tesla that I spotted!