Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LMAO!

Black one at the charging spot in front of Cassis around 6:00 this evening. At least I think it was black.

Tesla moment because I'm too lazy to find the other thread: When Btrflyl8e left my house last night somebody said "Hey I saw that car earlier and it was blue. Now it's black! Did it change colors?"
Shhhh. Don't tell everyone I got the automatic color changing paint option!

Mom sent me this via Facebook yesterday. Someone in Houston has a Model S with a brilliant security system!

model_s_great_dane.jpg

In Tokyo:
IMAG2278.jpg

Also, after showing my wife that pic, she asked me to see if I could find the supercharger. It's at the Grand Hyatt in the Valet area... 2 chargers, one was iced by a porshe, the other was iced by a Ferari. I'm sure the valet's would move the other cars as necessary.... I'm counting this as a visited supercharger...
IMAG2442.jpg

Also... evidently I missed crossing paths with Stephen Wozniak by just a couple hours...
IMAG2448.jpg

Another rare instance of seeing an MS (other than my own) in this under-represented county: just before sunset, while walking with my wife back and forth across the Hammock Dunes bridge for exercise, a black MS zipped by in the eastbound lane. I hurriedly gave two thumbs up but I don't think it was noticed. I wonder who that was?

First random Model S I have seen in a movie.

Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

When Steve Carell goes for his interview he drives past a bunch of Porsches and parks his van. In the background behind his van is a Model S backed into the parking space.

Passed a blue(?) one going NB Van Dyke between 29 and 28 Mile at 5:55PM today. I suspect it may be the same Model S that I saw a mile north on June 25th.

I had just washed my car about an hour prior, after about a month. Oddly, even though it was still reasonably light out, my displays stayed in night mode (a bit difficult to see) and headlights on for 2 or 3 minutes after leaving my house and as I passed the other Model S, which slightly embarrassed me.

Seen on October 3rd in La Jolla, CA, a new Tesla trying to make an illegal left-hand turn (and holding up a line of cars behind) on Ivanhoe Ave at Torrey Pines Rd. The two street signs on the far left say "RIGHT TURN ONLY." This was the first time I've seen a Tesla do what so many other cars do at this intersection. It is a serious hazard and the RIGHT TURN ONLY rule is there for a very sensible reason.

Seeing more and more Teslas in La Jolla, and more and more running stop signs and pulling stunts like this. The Tesla is definitely becoming mainstream... sigh...

badtesla-oct3.jpg

Not a sighting technically, but worth noting...

At the Secretary of State's office for Collin Country, TX (in Plano) I was getting my plates yesterday afternoon (Oct 13), and the lady at the counter said I was her second Tesla that day. Given there were 6 people working the counter, and other offices, I thought this was a modest coincidence. Of course, I explained to her the end of September delivery push, and how the paperwork took two weeks to go out, so my assumption is all the Dallas area deliveries the last two weeks of September received their paperwork about the same time, so really one would expect us all to get our titles and registration about the same time.

I'd kind of been hoping for more of a reaction, like "Can you really go 200 miles on one tank", or the usual, but I'll settle for a knowledgable person who thinks EVs are a good idea.

So, should the first member who spots a "D" in the wild and has the pic to prove it get a special price? And if so, what should it be? An extra large avatar pic? :biggrin:

technically the first one was spotted in the wild before the announcement at an airport and they even snapped a photo and uploaded here on TMC for proof (About time to unveil the D and something else - Page 29). problem was, nobody thought the pic was real and thought it was photoshopped, LOL.

I am shocked and surprised! I travel to northeast PA frequently, Wilkes-Barre/Kingston/Dallas specifically, and have opined that it would be quite some time before I saw another Tesla during my visits. Well, there was a community event that I attended this weekend (10/25) and what do I see when pulling into the parking lot but another Tesla!

Luckily there was a parking spot directly behind so I grabbed it. I snuck a peak at the vin and was confused because there were a lot of zeroes and it appeared the vin was earlier than 1000. I went to the rear of the car to see the battery size and it was then that I noticed "Signature" etched in the chrome. It was dark but I would guess it was a wonderful looking blue car.

It had PA plates, not custom. Unfortunately the owner must have ducked out of the event early because I ran out immediately upon conclusion and there was another car parked in the spot.

I'd bet they came into town for the event, just like me. Anyone know a dark Sig roaming the Philly area? Or Harrisburg? I would have loved to say hello. Hopefully they'll keep coming back and I'll catch up with them eventually.