Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spotted one visiting a neighbor on my street!!! I think this is the closest random spotting to my house.

4cb0278516e19893ffaad2e6fa0d21dd.jpg

Was driving to my Model S test drive when I spotted my first ever Tesla in the wild:

Monday 11-03 around 1400 hours.

Columbus, OH I-270 near Dublin, OH heading towards Easton.

Green Model S with granny (silver fox) driver zipping in L lane at 85mph, eeeh haaah!
Sadly I could not follow having been a victim of the VA and OH staties twice already
within a year:(

Oh, and BTW, as an internist/geriatrician I really have a lot of respect for these elderly
but young in spirit people who drive a Model S.

Last edited:
Spotted on Lee Highway in Arlington VA. I'm pretty sure this was the same car I saw more than a year ago as my third "in the wild experience." It's still fun when people react when being spotted like these guys did. As discussed earlier, we are definitely getting much more prevalent and people don't seem to care to thumbs up or wave nearly as much as they used to. I wish I could have snagged a pic of three of us when we ended up together in a DC traffic circle last week. I saw 9 that day.
3f76683ecdebd322351dfadb071684a4.jpg

Spotted on Lee Highway in Arlington VA. I'm pretty sure this was the same car I saw more than a year ago as my third "in the wild experience." It's still fun when people react when being spotted like these guys did. As discussed earlier, we are definitely getting much more prevalent and people don't seem to care to thumbs up or wave nearly as much as they used to. I wish I could have snagged a pic of three of us when we ended up together in a DC traffic circle last week. I saw 9 that day.
3f76683ecdebd322351dfadb071684a4.jpg

I still try to wave back if I see it. I am just not usually paying attention to the other cars around me like that. Although if I spot a Model S I generally try to flash em or wave or something. It has been about 50/50 for me getting a response back... And strangely every time a woman is driving I never have gotten a response :(

Black (pretty sure) on NB Stephenson near Maple at 9:08am. I think this is the 4th time I've seen that specific Model S, of 13 total. Their commute in the opposite direction seems to occasionally cross paths with mine.
On another note, winter arrived today by dumping a bunch of large snow flakes.

Yesterday, I saw a brown MS being unloaded from an enclosed 18 wheeler on the 95S on-ramp at exit 4 in Connecticut (Cos Cob exit).

My dashcam caught it, but I don't have the footage right now.

I doubt it was a new delivery, since those now happen at the service centers... I guess it was someone moving or buying a car and taking possession? I couldn't make out the license plate or model. But someone has a new toy!