Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model X sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ouch! A Founder series too?
No, not a Founders. The F you see in the VIN simply indicates that it was built in Fremont (every single Tesla has an F in that spot - that will change if/when they open another vehicle factory). The character after that F is a 0, so it's a normal production car. A signature would be S, and if it was a Founders, it would be 2 F's in a row.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
No, not a Founders. The F you see in the VIN simply indicates that it was built in Fremont (every single Tesla has an F in that spot - that will change if/when they open another vehicle factory). The character after that F is a 0, so it's a normal production car. A signature would be S, and if it was a Founders, it would be 2 F's in a row.

So in other words, "Yes" my question....
Oh, so F would be from 6th to last position instead of 7th for a Founders (or basically, FF12345)? That is why I put a question mark in my post since I wasn't sure.

There are a number of links on the web that describe the full VIN encoding. Here's one that decodes it for you: VIN Decoder | TeslaTap

Thanks. I'm familiar with the VIN decoders, but transcribing from the photo into a decoder was more than I was going to do for a post about a random car. That said, it is an informative link and others should use it to learn about their own cars (and any other cars that interest them).

Not a random sighting, it's mine and I bumped into a distant cousin......

Attachments

• IMG_3765.JPG
    IMG_3765.JPG
    521.3 KB · Views: 183
Had my first truly random Model X sighting this morning that wasn't at a supercharger or on the highway between Superchargers.

Went to a bike ride event in Rochester, parked across from the X without realizing it, saw it as soon as I got out, took my bike out and met with my group, then backed into the spot next to it while we were waiting for others. Shortly after, before we started riding, the X's family showed up and I had a brief talk with the owner's wife. She said he's a huge Tesla fan and I said so am I.

IMG_20161008_095259.jpg

Reactions: ModelX
So is it a p90 that had an upgrade at the SC or is it just that someone put a P100D badge on a P90D? Surely there are no signatures still being made for the NA market are there?

There are still some cars awarded in the early referral programs that have not been delivered. I think people have until the end of this year to take advantage of the awards.

• Informative
Reactions: Ulmo