Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model X sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_0303.JPG
My son creating a time lapse yesterday night at the Flatbread Company in Paia, Maui noticed a MX drive by. So this is a thumbs up and a shout out to the MX owner in Maui.
(Apologies not a very good pic)

Reactions: ModelX
Revive a thread on life-support, not quote dead... Was just in the background of a shot on TV, so putting it here instead of the Movies/TV thread.

From the 60 Minutes report on people losing their jobs to H1-B visa holders, there was a Model X in the background in the shot of the people protesting at UCSF Medical Center.

Are U.S. jobs vulnerable to workers with H-1B visas?

Screen Shot 2017-03-31 at 12.01.00 PM.png

I am sure it is one of those H1B workers these guys are protesting about, is the one with a good job and drives that X
Sadly, if you watched the story, H1B workers are paid a fraction of the US workers they replace(hence the reason they are hired and "expensive" US employees fired). Could be the X of one of the protesters loosing their job.

Thanks, I have a hard time getting subtle humor (obviously) and on line makes it even tougher.
Of course, the practice of replacing US workers with H1B visa holders is totally illegal. Too bad the government doesn't seem to care about enforcing it. There was another high-profile company that was guilty of this. Was it Disney? Where they forced the current workers to train the H1B's and then fired them. There was a lot of news about it and how it was illegal, but I never heard anything about Disney getting fined or sanctioned, or forced to hire back the old workers. I guess you just have to have the right number of lobbyists.

• Disagree
Reactions: Porfiry
The H1B visa situation is complex. There is a retired professor from UC Davis who has made a pretty good case that the shortage of American born talent in tech is smaller than the high tech companies make it out to be. Legally the tech companies are supposed to pay the H1B workers the same as US citizens or legal residents taking the same job, but there have been quite a few cases where it's been proven the H1B workers were paid less.

In any case, back to the subject. Driving down Evergreen Blvd in Washougal, WA yesterday we drove past a dentist's office and there was a dark (looked black) Model X in the parking lot. I was mid-sentence saying something else and blurted out, "Telsla! Model X!" My SO started looking around, "where" when I told her it was in the dentist's office parking lot she speculated it belonged to the dentist.

Sorry no pictures.

I was in downtown Vancouver, WA today and saw a Tesla making a right turn a couple of blocks away. It was too far to tell if it was a refreshed S or an X, but as I got near the freeway I saw it coming up behind me. I had to get off at the first exit and the X passed me headed for Portland. It had paper plates and it was white with black wheels.

Reactions: Red Sage
When I was at the hospital last week and trying to find my car in the parking garage (I was so tired I lost the car and had to use the Tesla app honking the horn to find the car) I saw a car that I initially thought was a signature red X but was something else possibly a Chysler. I was too tired (three hours sleep) and stressed to look closely. It was just about the exact same shade or red as the Tesla signature color.

• Helpful
Reactions: Red Sage
When I was at the hospital last week and trying to find my car in the parking garage (I was so tired I lost the car and had to use the Tesla app honking the horn to find the car) I saw a car that I initially thought was a signature red X but was something else possibly a Chysler. I was too tired (three hours sleep) and stressed to look closely. It was just about the exact same shade or red as the Tesla signature color.
:eek:

I know your SO has been having a rough time, so you were probably very very very tired. Like wicked tired!
I hope things are improving.
Best,
NW

• Love
Reactions: beths11
:eek:

I know your SO has been having a rough time, so you were probably very very very tired. Like wicked tired!
I hope things are improving.
Best,
NW

She's had a lot less pain than expected, she's getting by on ibuprofen for the most part. She's been cutting back on that the last couple of days. The healing is going faster than expected, but one of the surgical wounds has been leaking the last few days which is why she's cutting back on the ibuprofen (ibuprofen is an anti-coagulant and combined with the shots there isn't a lot of clotting going on). She hates the anti-coagulant shots and says those are the worst part of this whole thing. Fortunately only 4 more of those and I have no issues with needles.

She took some high CBD pot candy before bed last night (legal here) and she slept like a log for 10 hours. Even when she's sick she doesn't sleep more than 8, but I think extra sleep is a good thing for her recovery. CBD is a component of cannabis that is very good for pain management without any of the side effects of commercial drugs.

I forgot about the phone app until an employee of the hospital on the way home tried to help me out and he said his car's remote had a honk the horn button. I told him everything my remote did was silent, but after he left I remembered the phone app and started honking the horn.

A hospital volunteer who was about 18 took my SO to the main entrance while I got the car. The volunteer was wondering what happened to me, when I pulled up. When she saw the car, she told my SO, "a Tesla, cool!!!"