Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model X sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Cyclone, I believe the Tesla logo in the front is attached to a section of glossy black plastic, like the S.
I'm doing the factory tour today. Hope to see an X up close.

Thanks! That is what I thought from the prior shots, but this one made me wonder. Looks like it has depth.
12243038_1711618169072309_3063014350819408452_n.jpg

Oooh. That could be a problem if future autopilot releases require 'butt in seat' to work.
The weight would need to be transferred through the air somehow, just like the weight of a flying helicopter eventually reaches the ground. I'd think the seat should still detect the weight from the high air pressure, maybe just a little more distributed. With how much I sit all day, floating my butt on air sounds like an awesome idea.

The weight would need to be transferred through the air somehow, just like the weight of a flying helicopter eventually reaches the ground. I'd think the seat should still detect the weight from the high air pressure, maybe just a little more distributed. With how much I sit all day, floating my butt on air sounds like an awesome idea.
Ground effect? Or would that be butt effect?:smile:

Ground effect? Or would that be butt effect?:smile:
Not quite. Ground effect mostly relates to how the ground interrupts normal airflow (vortices, etc.) around a low-flying aircraft, reducing lift-induced drag. What I'm talking about was explained in MythBusters Episode 77 - "Birds in a Truck". I guess you could call it "butt effect" when Newton's 3rd Law is demonstrated with farts. :tongue:

Yeah, saw this earlier (posted on the LA Auto show thread). Don't believe it's Elon's. 34 seconds into the video, there is a close up of the side badge and it's Blank. Elon's says "Founder". Sigs will say "Signature". This appears to be a demo/production version. Besides, Elon's has white seats :wink:

I agree. I watched the video and noticed the exact same thing. It's not a Founder's model.

I spotted the same car (probably), just out of the corner of my eye on the way to work in the morning.

Two Sundays ago (11/8), I spotted a white MX going east on Stevens Creek towards 85 (near De Anza College). I was able to get right behind it as we both prepared to get on 85 north towards 280. I was in our red MS and we have a MX reserved, so I was pretty excited of course. Once we got on the highway's on ramp, s/he punched it as did I (of course) but I had to get off at the next exit (280 south) as it continued on 85 north. It was a fleeting 30 seconds, but the first is always memorable. :smile: