Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model X sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's black/black , Elon's is black/white. It could be the one towing the airstream at the reveal?

At 4 PM on Thursday, while cruising in my last ICE by the Tesla Test Track on my way to an appt., I witnessed a Tesla Model X towing an airstream trailer like the one I saw on stage at the reveal. I didn't have time to stop and capture images, so Scout's Honor. My guess is they were showing the towing off to a member of the media? (Hopefully, they're not still testing it!) LOL

IMAG0221.jpg

Yesterday at the Gilroy SC. The Tesla employee using it for the holiday showed it off while it was charging.

I interpret this as 7th founder model X delivered since launch event 2 months ago. less than 1 model X per week production rate??? If so, I guess all founder model X is manually assemblied and production automation is still not up.

Since there were three new X pictures in the last day, I take that as production has finally started to ramp up. Now back to the thread topic.

Saw a Tesla Engineer pull up with this beauty at the Harris Ranch Supercharger around 2:00pm Sunday. He was testing it on a road trip with his significant other. Super nice, answered a lot of questions and let everyone get close.

IMG_2524.JPG
IMG_2525.JPG

Last edited:
Nice! VIN or it didn't happen.... :eek:

Ha ha, I love the "... or it didn't happen" dogma - and it DID actually occur to me that the forums would like to see the VIN, but my wife took the pics. I was busy navigating my exit from the SC. It was packed. Even if I was just standing around, I'm not gonna be that guy leaning over and photographing a car's VIN. Not my style.