Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model X sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And the spoiler is all the way down!
It's a bit of mystery for sure. I did a quick scroll through this thread and found that it's about 50/50. Of course, some of the spottings are of cars moving or stopped at stop signs or lights, but even one set of pictures I tried quoting showed one charging and it's spoiler was up in a few shots and down in the others.

This post shows Elon's X charging. Spoiler up in 2 shots, and down in the other shots.

Last edited:
Thanks trils0n. Waiting for this car has just about driven me crazy. I must admit those new pics got me very excited. Good info on the spoiler, I was getting worried. I sure hope there is a way to keep it from raising while the key is near the car. Looks beautifu down l & I'll likely be hanging around the vehicle quite a lot :smile:

The real beauty here is the Dolphin Gray two spaces over from the X. I may be biased though (see sig). The X looks good too! ;)

Thanks, you can't even tell how dirty my car was in the video :) Can't wait till I wear out the 19s and put my 21s back on -- looks even better with them.

The X does look great in person. I was kind of undecided about it only seeing pictures online, but after seeing it in person I think it will be a big hit. Proportions and lines are beautiful -- to my eye, the best looking SUV/CUV on the market.

Thanks, you can't even tell how dirty my car was in the video :) Can't wait till I wear out the 19s and put my 21s back on -- looks even better with them.

I figured it was your. In the video, you can see they keyfob get in and out of range of automatic door locking. :)

Mine is dirty as it hasn't been washed in a month and 3k miles. But it goes to the Service Center on Monday morning, so it should be clean again by Monday afternoon.

Hey that is the Burlingame California Service Center! I was there Saturday and will be back there this afternoon. Thanks for the video and your post. The X looks awesome.
I'm just realizing the best argument for getting a black or Midnight Silver is this opening shot right here. The way the spoiler disappears into the rear window. So cool!

Last edited by a moderator:
[...]
Brief encounter, but my impression was that it is even better looking in person than in photos. It doesn't look much bigger than an S. Exquisite proportions. Obviously the X is by far the best looking large CUV/SUV currently in production!

Big credits to Franz von Holzhausen for his amazing job.
Hope he stays at Tesla for a long time and designs a Model 3 as beautiful as the S and the X!

- - - Updated - - -

We are all a bunch of freaking weirdos (lol), in the best, future loving, planet saving, tech obsessed, speed digging way. Love it!!! Bring it!!

... same here.
And normally I don't even like SUVs.
But hey the X is a totally different story;)

Pleeease keep the pics coming!
Goosebumpsrefreshers.

The owner of Founder's 36 was very gracious and offered a tour of the car. Didn't take any pictures of the interior while we were talking, but the inside is great. The front seats are better than the next gen seats in the Model S. All 3 rows had perforated leather, and the perforated leather feels amazing. More room inside than I expected, though headroom might be an issue for 3rd row if you are taller than 6 ft. Much nicer than the next gen seats with premium interior. Nicer than the Nappa leather my early-ish car has (which is nicer than any of the loaners with different versions of leather I've had throughout the years). Interior feels much higher quality all around than the Model S, but keeps the same great minimalist styling. Everything looks more finished/refined/polished. The center console cup holders for the 2nd row extend and expand from their hiding spot under the USB ports in a dramatic (for cup holders) fashion. The Falcon Wing doors are super cool and operate quicker than I expected. Getting into the 2nd and 3rd rows is easier than any other SUV I've used. The auto closing and opening front doors are sweet as well. You can just pull the handle on the inside and the door shuts, much rapidly than I expected. My photos (and all photos I've seen) don't do this car justice. Just amazing looking in person.

View attachment 103904
View attachment 103906
View attachment 103908

(Quick walkaround video will come soon when youtube is done processing, whatever that means)
Awesome. Thanks for sharing. I can't tell in this lighting, but do you know if this is midnight silver, black or obsidian black metallic? My wife and I are still discussing color options. She likes midnight silver, I prefer blue metallic. I've heard that midnight silver really looks different depending on lighting, but I've never seen it look this dark, particularly outside.

We're heading to a showroom with a decent selection of CPO and inventory cars this weekend to see some of these colors in person (on Model S, of course).

Thanks!

-Chris

Awesome. Thanks for sharing. I can't tell in this lighting, but do you know if this is midnight silver, black or obsidian black metallic? My wife and I are still discussing color options. She likes midnight silver, I prefer blue metallic. I've heard that midnight silver really looks different depending on lighting, but I've never seen it look this dark, particularly outside.

We're heading to a showroom with a decent selection of CPO and inventory cars this weekend to see some of these colors in person (on Model S, of course).

Thanks!

-Chris

It was normal, solid black. My car in the background is the original, lighter grey. Midnight Silver is darker, but similar to my car -- gorgeous color as well.

Tesla on a delivery vehicle..

tesla on truck.jpg