Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model X sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, Citrix CEO's blue one.
I saw a blue model X P90DL with VIN #3 charging at the Fremont super chargers this afternoon. Overall it looked really sharp- definitely better than the white prototype I've seen. It was getting a LOT of attention from all the model S owners charging their cars. The nose still looks a little odd to me, but I really liked the overall proportions of the vehicle and I love the look of the windshield and how the tops of the falcon wing doors look they are covered with a single piece of glass. Definitely glad I got to see one in person!

- - - Updated - - -

Source: Instagram

Screen Shot 2015-10-11 at 12.51.09 .png

Last edited by a moderator:
Another video in portrait mode !

For video taken with a phone intended for consumption on a phone, portrait mode makes sense. It's the orientation we hold them 99% of the time.

With more people consuming content on their phones instead of TVs and monitors expect to see more of this.

That said, content produced for consumption on big screens - TV and movie theaters - should remain landscape.

But that quick snapshot video you take with no notice on your phone? Portrait is just fine.

Article on this trend:
Snapchat drives trend toward vertical videos - LA Times

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this might not belong here, but I just noticed a failure of the front door auto open feature. When the white X comes out at the beginning, the driver gets out and closes the door... which promptly reopens. Elon then walks over making a quiet grunt before closing it.

I know this might not belong here, but I just noticed a failure of the front door auto open feature. When the white X comes out at the beginning, the driver gets out and closes the door... which promptly reopens. Elon then walks over making a quiet grunt before closing it.
Yup. It was noticed and mentioned in the reveal comments thread. Hopefully a bug that has aleady been squashed. ;-)

Why would the driver hand over the key to Elon if Elon already had one? And why would any car try to open the door just because you were standing in front of it?

Given this triangulation based self opening feature, its imperative the Tesla App provides the ability to open/close and show current status of the doors. I foresee door-open-anxiety creeping in otherwise.