Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model X sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Instead of the VIN, how about the emblem/turn signal on the side? That should be enough to tell if it was a founder's, signature or production model and wouldn't require the photographer to hover over the windshield.

The Facebook post Jeddi linked says "I saw a few more Model X's at the factory today. Couple of them were Founder editions and few more were getting through the final inspection stages (I would assume)."

I interpret that to mean that at least one was not a Founders edition though, which seems unlikely, given the lack of news on Bonnie's thread. The post also does show a closeup of one of the turn signal emblems with the "founder" script.

I grabbed them off of plug share (odd choice for a photo sharing mechanism).

7376c792751b5119a67ae5874e09c118.jpg
4d231fe82a9be8ded3a35b626e960025.jpg
a338a4166d732c42eea7956548c9b07f.jpg
d61999446ecd2d04e9c65da21b213baa.jpg
09f98bf406da688430b4bff11ec4988c.jpg

I see so many dozens of Tesla's on my commute home that if there were any Model X's I wouldn't be paying enough attention to notice. But today was the most I think I have ever seen --- I'd see like 3 a minute it seemed. Every time I passed some cars or got passed a Tesla was in the chunk. I am extremely elated. We are saving the world a bit, and hopefully all the way with the fullness of time. Yes, I should have counted them. But I must say: they were all beautiful. I saw a handful of discontinued colors that look even better every time I see them (including a stunning Brown), and I saw a lot of other nice colors, including a few Sig Red's.

Anyway, I bet there will be dozens of Model X's zipping all around me in every direction before I notice the first one, and I'll just be sitting bored at a light spacing off into the traffic staring at it and it will suddenly hit me: "Doh! That's an X!!!" I'll be the last to know.

What can I say, you're quicker on the trigger ..I'd likely lose to you on Jeopardy, lol

You managed to pickoff and paste the pics in record time ..while I was still putzing around with the link. In my defense, this was the first I've played with Plugshare ..so all is not lost :smile:

Lol, sorry.. I just re-read my note and I realize now it could come off as snarky. I wrote it half asleep last night. It was really meant as a curiosity - did I miss something? Did I offend someone by copying them, etc.

I'm back to spending WAY too much time on here. Almost to the levels back in 2012/13 when waiting for the first S. Hello, my name is Andrew and I have a problem.

Lol, sorry.. I just re-read my note and I realize now it could come off as snarky. I wrote it half asleep last night. It was really meant as a curiosity - did I miss something? Did I offend someone by copying them, etc.

I'm back to spending WAY too much time on here. Almost to the levels back in 2012/13 when waiting for the first S. Hello, my name is Andrew and I have a problem.

You and me both! Care to share with the group :biggrin:

Maybe I missed it, but is there a pic of the side indicator which shows it is a signature? or some visual proof that it is a sig? Just being a higher VIN does not prove it as much as I would want it to.

The owner of Sig 664 has posted on the Model X Facebook group that the vehicle pictured is her exact config and that SC is her delivery location. So it seems fairly certain that it is a signature.