Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model X sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We aren't allowed to talk about Model X in our house until there is evidence that it actually exists :)

Neither is TM :) I think they learned their lessons about giving out dates, prefering the ambiguously annoyed customer over the perpetually disappointed. Only when someone like Vance is egregiously wrong does EM speak out. "Random hacker can do better than Tesla Motors!"

Still reloading MyTesla hourly, no joy here.

Lol, sorry.. I just re-read my note and I realize now it could come off as snarky. I wrote it half asleep last night. It was really meant as a curiosity - did I miss something? Did I offend someone by copying them, etc.

I'm back to spending WAY too much time on here. Almost to the levels back in 2012/13 when waiting for the first S. Hello, my name is Andrew and I have a problem.
Hello. My name is Ian and I'm an X addict.

Yup. Has been getting in the way of life a bit lately. ;-)

How do you think I feel when I configured on September 1, was confirmed on September 9, and the "10" VIN assigned the same day only to discover...

The VIN was gone on September 17, a final order agreement was received on October 2nd and the newer higher teenage VIN occurred about October 17th after the terms and conditions were approved the day before.

Yet... "My Tesla" site still shows: "Your Model X order has been confirmed."

A few phone calls and emails from Tesla Motors personnel keep saying "soon" or "by the end of the year", yet the computer screen doesn't change.

UPDATE: I just called the Fremont sales department and the vehicle is no longer at that location. That is reassuring! (I have not bothered to call the sales department earlier, but with recent photos of Model X appearing at Service Centers, I felt it was time to stop wondering and find out if the vehicle was in transit.)

Last edited:
Well...Thats something....Perhaps they are transporting them to the delivery locations and then will upgrade/modify/change the item(s), if anything, which were causing the delays??
No, I wouldn't suggest that. IMHO, the vehicles are completed before they leave Fremont.

My post is in regard to the status of the vehicle's order/manufacture/delivery progress located in the "My Tesla" for each buyer. It is clear in my situation that the status text was not updated. Just as I heard from the DS that it was "in paint" about a month ago, the only progress report given has been verbal.

Perhaps the X SW is not platform agnostic (with the S) and is still being tweaked/calibrated! That would explain why service centers are getting production perfect cars but not yet notifying customers as the deployment SW is not yet approved. In my industry for example, production starts when the HW/SW is feature complete and meets all quality metrics but SW is never really finalized. Emergency bug fixes, service packs or maintenance releases continue indefinitely. By the time the product is delivered, an update is typically required prior to deployment at the customer site (service centers in Tesla's case). Just a thought.

Last edited:
How do you think I feel when I configured on September 1, was confirmed on September 9, and the "10" VIN assigned the same day only to discover...

Well...Thats something....Perhaps they are transporting them to the delivery locations and then will upgrade/modify/change the item(s), if anything, which were causing the delays??

Unless the change needed is.....

Software.

Get the vehicles to their delivery locations now. It buys the software team a few weeks and still allow for deliveries in 2015.

Edit: ah, I see Aija beat me to it. See, you were faster this time!

Last edited:
Unless the change needed is.....

Software.

Get the vehicles to their delivery locations now. It buys the software team a few weeks and still allow for deliveries in 2015.

Edit: ah, I see Aija beat me to it. See, you were faster this time!

Too funny. This is becoming an affliction! Can't wait to get my X so I can spend more time offline - or I will become an X (according to my wife :eek:)!

Actually, I'm extremely thankful for this community, as it's been the only thing keeping me sane these past few months of the "The Big Wait".

The VIN was gone on September 17, a final order agreement was received on October 2nd and the newer higher teenage VIN occurred about October 17th after the terms and conditions were approved the day before.

Yet... "My Tesla" site still shows: "Your Model X order has been confirmed."

A few phone calls and emails from Tesla Motors personnel keep saying "soon" or "by the end of the year", yet the computer screen doesn't change.

UPDATE: I just called the Fremont sales department and the vehicle is no longer at that location. That is reassuring! (I have not bothered to call the sales department earlier, but with recent photos of Model X appearing at Service Centers, I felt it was time to stop wondering and find out if the vehicle was in transit.)

It's coming. It looks like Elon plans a big delivery event but just doesn't want to tell all you early Sigs about it. Hang in there. And congratulations. :wink:

Mark (MyTesla still says Confirmed, but my DS says it is in Early Production)