Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model X sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BFFs, from reddit. Spotted in Irvine.

zU4ALpl.jpg
nGBIFEM.jpg

Signature red X with 20s arrived at the Service Center in Salt Lake City this morning. An employee walked over and told my father who was taking a video for me and told him to stop recording and taking videos. Also asked to not post the video that had already been shot. So I have a video. Its pretty.

Signature red X with 20s arrived at the Service Center in Salt Lake City this morning. An employee walked over and told my father who was taking a video for me and told him to stop recording and taking videos. Also asked to not post the video that had already been shot. So I have a video. Its pretty.

Removed... With a face palm...

Jeff

Last edited:
I saw two Model X customer cars in the wild today while driving to work (1/5/16) in Los Altos and Mountain View. Due to proximity to Tesla HQ, I have previously seen X's with manufacturer plates in November and December. This is the first time I've seen them in the wild with Zero Emission placards and temp registrations taped on the windshield.

Model X Sighting 2016-01-05.jpg

Not sure if this qualifies as a random sighting, but I was driving past the Portland Service Center and I saw this beautiful P90DL in Titanium, Sig 551 (cross-posted in Model X deliveries). Someone is about to be really happy. Congratulations and I hope I didn't ruin a surprise.

IMG_4848.JPG

How is posting a vin going to ruin the surprise?
The owners know their vin from their tesla account which should narrow the delivery window down for them, plus shouldn't the DS contact someone ahead of time to give the customer time to get his finances in order?
Id be more upset if I got the "hey your car is ready for pick up tomorrow, bring 140k with you, thnx" call.

As was asked earlier in this thread, are sightings at Sales/Service/Delivery Centers really RANDOM?

My proposal: Try to keep this thread pictures of cars that are seen on the road, parking lots or at Super Chargers.

A different thread could be started for Spy Shots of Xs at Sales/Service/Delivery Centers. In this thread people can post all of the pictures (and VINs, if they must). Users that do know want to know that status of their car from spy shots can choose to not look at the new thread.

Thoughts?

My proposal: Try to keep this thread pictures of cars that are seen on the road, parking lots or at Super Chargers.

I generally agree, though I would argue that Superchargers are analogous to Service Centers with regard to the randomness factor.

It's hard to say, but this thread is sort of a single repository for photos of the MX. Once you start making rules on each thread, you have to follow a number of them to get a consistent picture of what's being delivered. I'm not sure overall how I feel - on one hand, I'm pedantic about the title and think it should be on the road or in a parking lot. On the other hand, it's nice to page through a single thread and see all the colors and iterations of the MX.

One interpretation of "random sighting" is one you weren't expecting. Right now, it would be easy to say that any sighting is random unless it's your delivery.

Two quick opinions:
1. I think we have too few sightings of any kind still, so I'm happy to see service center, showroom, supercharger, or random other sightings all in this one thread.
2. I'll be happy to post my VINs when they arrive, and kindly ask anyone who spots them ANYWHERE to let me know so I can hunt them down myself - videos, photos all welcome! My wife and I decided to go for P90DLs so yeah, can't wait to see them in person or online.

Two quick opinions:
1. I think we have too few sightings of any kind still, so I'm happy to see service center, showroom, supercharger, or random other sightings all in this one thread.
2. I'll be happy to post my VINs when they arrive, and kindly ask anyone who spots them ANYWHERE to let me know so I can hunt them down myself - videos, photos all welcome! My wife and I decided to go for P90DLs so yeah, can't wait to see them in person or online.

I am also happy to see any pictures of any X's that are built and running. As time passes, it will become very natural to limit the photos to truly random. For now, all are exiting (if not truly random). As time passes, the novelty will wear off. I don't think it needs rules or moderation....

Looks like there will be plenty of X's on the road in the coming months. I'm reservation 779897X and I just got of the phone with customer support. I'm giving my current car to my son and needed to understand timing of when I could actually see a car. They said that a P90D would be delivered in March and that the 70D would be closer to June with the 90D in between. Nice.

Looks like there will be plenty of X's on the road in the coming months. I'm reservation 779897X and I just got of the phone with customer support. I'm giving my current car to my son and needed to understand timing of when I could actually see a car. They said that a P90D would be delivered in March and that the 70D would be closer to June with the 90D in between. Nice.

mf66 - I sure hope your contact at customer support knows what they are talking about. I confirmed my 70D in early December but did not expect to see anything until next winter given how timing tends to get delayed with Tesla. If your contact is right, that would be a nice surprise.

I'd like to believe that timeframe, but I don't. I also received a, shall we say enthusiastic time estimate from HQ last month (that most showrooms would have an X by end of 2015, estimate given during the first week of December). Now the official word is late Feb to March.

If they deliver a 70D in June I'll be quite happy, but I'd peg those odds at < 10% since it's ahead of their official timetable in the configurator.

I'd like to believe that timeframe, but I don't. I also received a, shall we say enthusiastic time estimate from HQ last month (that most showrooms would have an X by end of 2015, estimate given during the first week of December). Now the official word is late Feb to March.

If they deliver a 70D in June I'll be quite happy, but I'd peg those odds at < 10% since it's ahead of their official timetable in the configurator.

They delivered something like 300 model X in 2015. I unfortunately think you guys may be more right than wrong.

we will see...