Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model X sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spotted this one parked on my block in San Francisco. Talked to the owner for a few minutes and he said it was the 'second one ever made'

IMG_20160107_213851.jpg

Got One! Random
no, I wasn't there, very proud of my nephew Frank for thinking of his uncle Mike while at the carpool pickup at school. Marin Co. today
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

& just btw, not random - there are SIX MXs at the SLC store today!

Last edited:
Not all owners-to-be feel this way but best to not post unless you can identify and contact the prospective owner first.

After letting this idea cook in my mind for a while, I've come up with a new personal etiquette regarding this and all photos of Teslas:

1. If it's random and not too personal, I'll judge its usefulness to post.

2. If it is NOT random and/or it IS too personal, I may elect to not even record it. However, if I do record it, I will take candid shots (they are best; stills and/or video) and then attempt to contact those with title and possession and ascertain what, if any, of the recordings are OK for distribution, and if so, in what manner and designation.

3. If the titled/possessors involved ask for unrecording it, I will dutifully input that request into my personal request queue and execute as appropriate (which considering it's just a car I'll probably do as asked unless there's something spectacular about the photo (I might need to crop out the X)), and in any case not post said personal items online.

4. If by accident I violated one of my own opinions above, I'll attempt to correct it.

5. If someone complains that I feel has right to complain after I've followed above items, then I'll even consider doing as asked even in that case, despite me following my own etiquette.

BTW, I've seen hundreds of wild Tesla Model S's in the wild in the last week, but no Model X's. Apparently, the birds have left the nesting grounds and are now out in the wild, far from where I roam (Palo Alto, Los Altos Hills, I-280, Los Gatos, Soquel, Aptos, Seaside/Monterey -- the places I frequent). Come to think of it, I've never seen a wild X in the wild.