Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model X sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still haven't seen my first Model X "in the wild" in Atlanta. (Saw several at the Meet Model X event last week.) My neighbor saw one with AL tag a few weeks ago, though. Meanwhile, I can't drive 1/2 mile to the grocery without passing a Model S, often several. Wonder how long it will take for the X to become a common sight in my neck of the woods (Midtown & Buckhead ATL)? With the S, it seemed like a rarity to see them 2 years ago when my husband was taking delivery of his, but now they are everywhere...
I was also at that Meet event in Decatur, I was told about 15 had been delivered in the area thus far.
Hoping to take delivery of ours in the next 4 weeks, although we moved from the city recently.
I also haven't seen an X in the ATL area yet...I was in Seattle for 3 days in early March and saw 2 of them in the wild!
Do you have one on order?

Saw this one, a P90D Sig at Legoland hotel in CA this weekend

Attachments

• IMG_4375.jpg
    IMG_4375.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 190
Reactions: umeshunni
I think Joe @OCDetailing has more 'in the wild' model X's right now than Tesla! Crazy! I just dropped mine off for its spa week and there were two whites, an MC red, my blue, a dark grey and a Titanium (I think that's what they call the goldfish color).

Got to see the stealth wrap on the backs of the seats, SWEET! I'm totally doing that!

Reactions: umeshunni
Had my first unplanned encounter with a Model X on the highway today. I was headed down to the Burlingame SC to reserve a Model 3 and as I was in the exit lane for the Burlingame exit I sensed something familiar about the car next to me - my peripheral vision had identified the front fender badge of a white Model X. Apologies for no pictures, but since both hands were on my handlebars (motorcycle), and my phone was zipped up in my jacket pocket, there was no way to snap one. I waved as I passed it by and then later found it following me on the off-ramp. I ended up squeezing through to the next light and left it behind so I didn't see it pull in after me as I got to the SC, but I did see it parked in the parking lot as I was leaving.

I got to show off my electric motorcycle to Morgan, who happened to be the employee that gave me my Model X test drive back in January and serendipitously works at my local SC. It will be interesting to see what they debut tonight, but I'm 85-90% set on the X and just getting the reservation on the 3 to hedge my bets. I'll turn my deposit on the 3 into down payment on the X if/when I go that way.

And, to make the day even more interesting, on my way home I was stopped at a light down the hill from my house and I heard a familiar whine pull up behind me. Could it be? I checked my mirrors and it's the guy who lives on the other side of my hill who happens to be one of a few hundred people in the world who rides the same model of electric motorcycle - both of us owning bikes with VINs in the first "production digit" (the manufacturer had contiguous VINs from the days of their prototypes, so the VIN numbers are not actually single digit, but they are within the first 10 VINs assigned to production bikes that were actually sold to customers).

I've seen two Model X in Colorado in the last month. The first was white going the opposite direction on the highway so I had a split second to see it (I did notice it was rather dirty from winter salt). Yesterday around 8pm I was behind a blue one for a minute until I had to turn into my neighborhood. It came out of a 24-Hour Fitness in the northern suburbs here. I would have taken a pic but my phone wasn't handy.

Had my first unplanned encounter with a Model X on the highway today. I was headed down to the Burlingame SC to reserve a Model 3 and as I was in the exit lane for the Burlingame exit I sensed something familiar about the car next to me - my peripheral vision had identified the front fender badge of a white Model X. Apologies for no pictures, but since both hands were on my handlebars (motorcycle), and my phone was zipped up in my jacket pocket, there was no way to snap one. I waved as I passed it by and then later found it following me on the off-ramp. I ended up squeezing through to the next light and left it behind so I didn't see it pull in after me as I got to the SC, but I did see it parked in the parking lot as I was leaving.

I got to show off my electric motorcycle to Morgan, who happened to be the employee that gave me my Model X test drive back in January and serendipitously works at my local SC. It will be interesting to see what they debut tonight, but I'm 85-90% set on the X and just getting the reservation on the 3 to hedge my bets. I'll turn my deposit on the 3 into down payment on the X if/when I go that way.

And, to make the day even more interesting, on my way home I was stopped at a light down the hill from my house and I heard a familiar whine pull up behind me. Could it be? I checked my mirrors and it's the guy who lives on the other side of my hill who happens to be one of a few hundred people in the world who rides the same model of electric motorcycle - both of us owning bikes with VINs in the first "production digit" (the manufacturer had contiguous VINs from the days of their prototypes, so the VIN numbers are not actually single digit, but they are within the first 10 VINs assigned to production bikes that were actually sold to customers).
Wow. You have a Brammo. Never seen one in the wild. There's someone over here in Lamorinda that rides a Zero S.

Reactions: flar
Saw my first Model X in Palos Verdes two days ago. It was a Signature Red one, I believe, turning into the parking lot of our local grocery store. I thought wpabout making a quick U to talk to the owners, but decided against it. Then just today, I saw two more driving by, one white and one a grayish color. Guess they're getting pretty common now here.

I was also at that Meet event in Decatur, I was told about 15 had been delivered in the area thus far.
Hoping to take delivery of ours in the next 4 weeks, although we moved from the city recently.
I also haven't seen an X in the ATL area yet...I was in Seattle for 3 days in early March and saw 2 of them in the wild!
Do you have one on order?
We have a reservation but have not yet configured. Planning to do so this week. Wanted to test drive and then give it some thought. Completely shocked to get an email claiming that we could configure today and have the X delivered by "April or May"!!!

Reactions: EV Family
We have a reservation but have not yet configured. Planning to do so this week. Wanted to test drive and then give it some thought. Completely shocked to get an email claiming that we could configure today and have the X delivered by "April or May"!!!

Did you call and confirm the April/May delivery? About a month ago, I got a call and was told that if I upgrade my "70D" to a "90D" I can take delivery mid-April. I still do not have a VIN