Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random navigation entry

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got in my car this morning and it started a route towards Manchester. There isn't an appointment in diary with this address, I have no idea why it is there. The only app with access to the car is TelsaFI, I doubt this will have been an issue through them.

Has anyone had a similar issue or a suggestion what this could be?

20211012_080259.jpg

Home in Manchester is a Theatre/Cinema complex. Did you use voice commend and asked for it to take you Home and instead routed you to Home in Manchester or you accidentally pressed the right wheel and it picked up you talking and interrupted it as Home in Manchester.... alternatively your car is a Happy Mondays/Joy Division/New Order fan going from first line of the address :cool:

Hmmmmm. Now you have said that, you may have hit on a potential change in functionality. I wonder if its recently started giving more emphasis to map destinations vs home/work etc?

I recently told it to navigate me home and it offered me two alternatives - I didn't pay much attention what they were as I was driving, so next time I stopped I just repeated it from the screen button. I've not seen it do similar since though as I normally use the home button before starting the trip, but on this occasion I had forgotten and expected to use NoA which needs a destination.

I did recently change my phone (iOS 15) though and it may just have been using my contacts as I do have a 'HOME' contact. My old phone (iOS 12.5) would very rarely respect contacts for calling and cannot ever remember it offering a contacts address for navigation.

The entry was there as soon as I entered the car, no chance to press a button or anything.

Nav locations can be sent/shared to car remotely before getting in the car, although equally unlikely to do it without knowing.