Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random part found near my MYP.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found a plastic part near my driver side front door yesterday and was wondering if you guys know what this might be. I had just picked up my MYP on 6/3.

453D1A40-30B0-44A1-A1F7-75A526DE3C7C.jpeg
D0D9EE5C-693D-4702-BE87-9362B68B4B76.jpeg

Wife found it near my driver door, but then proceeded to put the part on her car hood to “remind” herself to talk to me about it later then completely forgot about it, and now the part is gone because she drove her car out and of course the part went flying…

I’ve checked all around the car looking for possible places where it could go by it is not a door part. I would have to Jack the car up to see if anything is missing from underneath. I drove the car for two days without problems not knowing I lost a part so I hope it’ll stay this way until I can schedule an appointment to get it checked out.

POS Tesla. They owe you a new car.

They might possibly have them in a bin at the Service Center. Otherwise, they'll order it. You might have to buy a dozen of them...HAHAHA!!!

While your asking, ask for a few of the two different clips that secure the cowling over the battery, brake fluid master cylinder, access to coolant. It's good to have them on hand.

Reactions: PeteOC
Found a plastic part near my driver side front door yesterday and was wondering if you guys know what this might be. I had just picked up my MYP on 6/3.

View attachment 818530View attachment 818531
It doubles as the new version of Bitcoin. It used to be worth $30,000 and is now worth 19 cents. That's why Tesla is using them in their doors now.

POS Tesla. They owe you a new car.

They might possibly have them in a bin at the Service Center. Otherwise, they'll order it. You might have to buy a dozen of them...HAHAHA!!!

While your asking, ask for a few of the two different clips that secure the cowling over the battery, brake fluid master cylinder, access to coolant. It's good to have them on hand.
I'll need them to fix the hole itself first. It looked like someone took a hammer to put these plugs in and instead of hitting the plug, they hit a corner of the hole and pushed it in, which would explain why the plug fell out since only roughly half of it was in the hole. Already added to the service appointment I've got scheduled next week. I'll see if they will give me those extra ones but I doubt it given my experience with them so far. Tesla is pretty stingy around these parts...

Stupid me. You don't need to buy one, since you still have it. Are you saying you can't push it in flush?

They will charge you for the frunk cowling clips.
Funny you should ask, because I don't actually have the part anymore because after the wife found it, she placed it somewhere where she thought it would remind her to tell me about it, and then proceeded to lose it... I tried pushing in the one from the passenger side and it is not going to stay in unless they glue it permanently. Someone on the assembly line really took out his/her frustrations on this plug hole...

Feeling even MORE stupid now, because one of your previous posts explained the loss of the plug. Sheesh...

Good luck getting this resolved. It...really...isn't...a big deal, is it?
I don't think so, I just don't know what would happen if rain/car wash/random water got into that hole so I'd want to plug it up. Any other car I'd probably not care, but with Tesla Quality, I just don't know if a quarter of the car will spontaneously rust away... LoL.

• Funny
Reactions: Aviateur17