Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Plaid/Refresh questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1. where is the option for regen breaking? I been through all the menu items and I can’t find it.
2. is there a slip start or hold option I can’t find it either.
3. my car is missing the tiktok app while it was there in my 2020 did it get pulled?
4. the secondary screen In front of driver is there a way to get different info on there? My 2020 you could press and hold the roll buttons and display different information there that doesn’t seem to work any more.
5. I am guessing this is a safety issue but is there a way to replace horn with just the sound of Goat or other and not honk plus the sound while driving?
6. I saw some videos of people playing different sounds while driving like v8 engine etc. is that still doable?
7. my summon said it was not ready even though I was in the summon circle this happened multiple times. I have done the hard reset by pressing the both scroll buttons.

thanks

1) It's gone - it was removed from cars starting in 2020 or so.
2) Not sure whether there's hold vs creep. I thought I saw slip start somewhere but I might be thinking of my 2019.
3) It'll come back when your car gets its first software update. It was added after your factory software, so your 2020 had already gotten the update.
4) Not yet - hopefully it comes as a feature but it's kind of useless now.
5) Not while driving. When in park you can set it to replace the horn (vs playing after the horn)
6) For now, but an upcoming software update due to a NHTSA recall will disable boombox while driving. For now, you can get a USB drive, make the appropriate partition and folder names, put an MP3 file of a V8 engine sound, plug the USB stick in, go to Boombox, and it will appear in the Driving sound dropdown as "USB - <filename>". It's a pain in the butt in my opinion. After this update, you'll only be able to play sounds while parked.
7) It happens sometimes for unknown reasons. You can reduce the frequency of this issue by turning on Summon Standby in your Autopilot menu, but it might still happen occasionally. Force-closing your Tesla app on your phone and re-opening it sometimes works for me - it seems like the app and the car get out of sync.

Reactions: MrKool
There is no creep option in the refresh, nor is there a regen aggressiveness setting.
There is a regen aggressiveness setting, but it's only in Plaid Track Mode. Not for normal driving.
1644604565303.png

• Helpful
Reactions: KyleDay