Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random plug?????

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased a salvage 2017 Tesla S. I had the airbag module reflashed and replaced several of the airbags. When putting it all back together, I have a plug that I can't find the other part of. It is in the loom at the passenger floorboard under the two modules and foot support bracket under the carpet. There is only about 6 inches of wire from the joint of the main loom to the end of the plug. It is a light grey plug with an orange inside. It looks to be a 4 wire plug with a black, grey, grey with white stripe and purple with white strip going to it. Any chance one of you Tesla Genius's knows where this goes and could help me out? I have a few warnings that may go along with this plug. I have no heat, but I do have ac. Tesla checked out the heater and they said it is working fine. I replaced the fuses in the dc/dc converter and they were also fine. I also do not have wiper washer function but do have wipers and I do not have driver assist (cruise, parking, summon, etc.). I have replaced most of the front crash sensors, but probably have one or two that I should replace to finish them off.

Thanks ahead of time.
20210522_161829.jpg
20210522_161837.jpg
20210522_161845.jpg
20210522_161850.jpg

Reactions: rickyjb
I am hoping that is it, but something tells me it was plugged into something. There is one that is tight to the firewall that is not plugged in, but it is tape wrapped to the other part of the wiring loom. I may just have to purchase a cable and pay for the day use of "toolbox" to get this figured out. I wish there was a local repair facility in Portland that was not the Tesla Service Center.