Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random PowerPack Sighting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Passing by a high school today, I saw a single cabinet the size and shape of a PowerPack, wrapped in a cover which said Tesla Energy. With it was another cabinet without markings about the same size with two rectangular vents, one above the other with curved tops, on one side. There was a third box with the height and one horizontal dimension about half of the other two boxes. It had no markings either except TES was stenciled on the pallet it was on top of. Sorry, I don't have a photo, although if there is interest I might be able to get one tomorrow if they don't move the equipment. The school is having about 30,000 square feet of solar installed over their parking lot by SolarCity at no upfront cost. Presumably the PowerPack pays for itself by shifting time of usage to make it worthwhile for SolarCity (this is in California). Does one PowerPack seem like a reasonable amount of storage for that size solar facility? What might the other boxes be?

Here are photos - looking around on the PowerPack web page, I see similar boxes - I suppose besides the battery cabinet there is a controller box and an inverter? It seems odd to have just one PowerPack, as it seems like they were designed for scaling into larger installations, but perhaps the economics works to have one with a solar installation this size.
IMG_0837.JPG
IMG_0836.JPG

Reactions: MP3Mike