Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random ppl scoping out your car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone had the idea of having pamphlets tucked under the wipers so people walking by can grab one and learn more about the car. I would totally do this, but I have concerns that they might damage the wipers. They don't lift like regular wipers, and at least for Model S, at one point, it was pretty easy to break or dislodge the spring mechanism if you pulled up too much.

Maybe I'll just put up something on a window with a QR code or something.

• Helpful
Reactions: 0ptions and Arpe
It would be FUN to make a YouTube video of your car... plant a QR code on it and have folks start the video with “So, you are standing in front my Tesla. You are probably wondering..... blah blah blah...... Now if you’ll circle around to the rear yo can see the charge plug. And on the passenger side, the folding mirror. Etc etc etc...... Think like a museum tour. Aw heck, tour guide barbie!

It would be FUN to make a YouTube video of your car... plant a QR code on it and have folks start the video with “So, you are standing in front my Tesla. You are probably wondering..... blah blah blah...... Now if you’ll circle around to the rear yo can see the charge plug. And on the passenger side, the folding mirror. Etc etc etc...... Think like a museum tour. Aw heck, tour guide barbie!

This is a great idea. Or just QR to someone else's content

Reactions: 0ptions
I've considered the video idea, but can't stand seeing or hearing myself. So I'll likely just put up a landing page on my web server with some info and links to informative content/vids. I also have no desire to monetize the content. It's kind of a turnoff for me to see people trying too hard to push their channel. If the content is good, the user base will grow organically.

Just picked mine up Friday. Saturday a guy in a Ford F 350 pulls up next to me at a light, honks and rolls his window down and he asks if its the third tesla, we chat a little normal questions.

Sunday night my wife and I go to the movies and as we walk away, pass a group of teenagers heading perpendicular to our path a couple hundred feet away from the car. One sees it says hey its a tesla and they all walk over and look at it. I would've walked back and showed them but we were late for Solo... but then we weren't because there was 25 minutes of previews.

Today I gave a coworker a ride home who asked a bunch of questions and marveled over everything. It's quite fun while it lasts.

As for seeing other Model 3s, I sped up as I noticed the taillights about a thousand feet in front of me so i could catch up and pull up alongside and wave. He also had a sweet satin black wrap on it. That's the 4th M3 I've seen ever on the road here in Dallas.

Has this happened to you? Seems like whenever I'm somewhere where I can see my parked car, there are people hovering around...

Yes! That's one of the joys of owning a Tesla--People are excited about the car. They're still relatively rare so many people have never seen one before and are naturally curious. If i'm not busy, I'll open the car and let them sit inside and show them how the screen works. Remember the first time you sat in one! Everyone wants to see what it's like! Share your good fortune! You're a pioneer. Show it off a bit.