Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Reboots

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Over the last couple of weeks my car has rebooted on its own. I put the car in drive and as the car moves forward the screen goes black so I stop and then the Tesla logo pops up like after a reboot. This happens without me pushing the steering wheel buttons. Could this be initiated remotely by Tesla or someone else?

thanks

What version are you on? Have you tried a reboot yourself?

This happens from time to time for me but not even close to once in awhile. Only Tesla could possibly reboot your car remotely but they wouldn’t just randomly do that. There’s no chance of mischief for this unless you have pissed off a bad guy superhero.

Next time it happens note the time and then make an appt via the app for software issues and note the time for them there. Tesla can review logs on the car for about 5-10days before they’re deleted out. Good luck

If it happens with any frequency, submit a service appointment request and have Tesla remotely scan your car to ensure the MCU isn't starting to fail.

Mine started doing this very often (sometimes on the freeway with Autopilot engaged!), and it turned out my MCU was going bad.