Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Roadster Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very Orange Roadster in Hwy 1 in Pacifica.
Tesla Roadster on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
2957263980_93583495fd.jpg
2956422539_684861a0a9.jpg
2956423011_13e5ca8b35.jpg
2957266050_c4311a0530.jpg

Huh... I wonder if that picture goes along with this story: WorldChanging: The Geography of Hope & The Greening of Silicon Valley
This was a Tesla Roadster, the turbo-charged all-electric dream car of the green-minded geek millionaire. Out in public, parked in North Beach like any other stylish ride. (Tesla’s been hard hit by the economic storm since my visit, but seems to have weathered it alright.)

We were soon joined by a knot of twentysomething hipsters, who instantly recognized the Roadster and started circling it in naked fanboy awe. The owner showed up just then – a Tesla exec, it turned out – and the hipsters started peppering him with questions and asking after the company’s founder (who they referred to by first name like an old pal or beloved guru). Turned out they were all employees of Solar City, one of the young installation companies driving California’s solar boom.

Townsend is not that far from North Beach, and a Tesla Exec probably means it was one of the VPs... maybe it was VP24! (The story does not mention the color).

The passenger seat is interesting. Is that just a baby carrier on top of the normal seat, or is it a different seat altogether?

It looks like it has non-dealer plates, but it also looks like it is missing the badge for Founders, or Signature 100 series. I wonder why?

I used to work at that Microsoft campus for many years... I wonder if I know the owner?

The passenger seat is interesting. Is that just a baby carrier on top of the normal seat, or is it a different seat altogether?

It looks like it has non-dealer plates, but it also looks like it is missing the badge for Founders, or Signature 100 series. I wonder why?

I used to work at that Microsoft campus for many years... I wonder if I know the owner?
The seat looks like one of those booster seats for toddlers. The car actually does have a Founders' or Sig100 badge, it just doesn't show up in the last photo because of the reflection of the white parking line. It's worth noting, however, some owners do request not to get that badge for whatever reason.

Last edited:
Glacier Blue Roadster parked at Microsoft's Mountain View campus:

3028750578_ea14cea87e.jpg

Saw this Roadster (sans passenger booster seat, along with a blue Tango) parked outside of this event I attended last night at the Stanford business school. Turns out it's Signature 100, #9. It's manufacturer's ID (the first 3 characters of the VIN) is SFZ, which indicates a UK manufacture. Sig#12 and later appear to use 5YZ, which indicates US manufacture (don't know about #10 and #11). I wonder what determined that change over. Perhaps it correlates with cars that started out with DT1.5.