Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Roadster Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
giphy.gif

2.5? I thought he #116 which was a 1.5 that used to be 2-tone (black+red).
Maybe he repainted it? Or this is a different Roadster from that one.

He currently has #1042, but last I saw, it is Fusion Red with standard cast wheels. This car pictured appears to be a wildcard as its rear bumper suggests it’s a 2.5, but it has those 2009 wheels. However, several owners purchased the gray cast wheel set as a spare, so that’s likely the case here.

F36B0E75-93D5-4E77-AE99-63EC0E740136.jpeg
C5155C4B-3CDC-4C39-A940-B28EC1A636A0.jpeg
2.5? I thought he #116 which was a 1.5 that used to be 2-tone (black+red).
Maybe he repainted it? Or this is a different Roadster from that one.
I did have #116 which as black and red like you mentioned shown here... and sold it... got a "newer" 2011 2.5 with the larger display and all. Just liked the look of this one I picked up in Atlanta vs my older 2008 #116 one.

Was worried about Battery and PEM failure. This one has had both replaced ( PEM x2, Motor x1 and Battery x1) so I'm playing the odds on not having any failures.... Time will tell.

Last edited:
Reactions: RobsJester
Congrats on the "upgrade", JFischer.

Looks like you had the wheels powder-coated to gunmetal/gray now?

Or did you find a set of those old wheels from that short time period when Tesla had been painting them dark gray?
(Tesla had said it was a supplier mistake, but a lot of people liked them that way.)

Reactions: DeedWest
Congrats on your OUTSTANDING acquisition.

Once you have one.... its hard to go drive anything else. So freaking FAST! including my Hennessy Viper in the mix.

I'm on my 2nd one (#116 and now #1043) and wouldn't trade it for anything!. Feel free to ask if you have any questions. I'd suggest you pull your logs and see how your battery is behaving. at 2500 miles, I doubt you'll have any issues, but better safe than sorry! We can all walk you thru how to pull it. I get up to Austin and Brenham a lot. Maybe coordinate a meet up with sometime over some great BBQ.

Congrats again!

Reactions: AtAge19
Congrats on your OUTSTANDING acquisition.

Once you have one.... its hard to go drive anything else. So freaking FAST! including my Hennessy Viper in the mix.

I'm on my 2nd one (#116 and now #1043) and wouldn't trade it for anything!. Feel free to ask if you have any questions. I'd suggest you pull your logs and see how your battery is behaving. at 2500 miles, I doubt you'll have any issues, but better safe than sorry! We can all walk you thru how to pull it. I get up to Austin and Brenham a lot. Maybe coordinate a meet up with sometime over some great BBQ.

Congrats again!

Count me in for a Texas meet-up at some point. I’m always game for a road trip in my 2.5 Sport. I’d imagine @Tex EV would like to join as well.

Reactions: AtAge19 and Tex EV
The Rudy's BBQ in Round Rock now has destination chargers, and coincidentally was where the first car club I joined in college regularly met. Would be so freakin awesome to have a Tesla meet there!

I tried to get a quick charge there on the way from Dallas. Both Tesla chargers occupied...made it to the Rudy's on 620 near 2222 to get a little juice for the rest of the trip. Seems to be a little less crowded at this location. Good BBQ and free electricity.

I'm up for a meet and greet at Rudy's! Great IDEA. I'll make a weekend of it around Austin. I'll need the charge "TIME" anyway..

Sigh...Wish we had SUPERCHARGER capability!

Let me know when everyone has time and we can try to plan a "gathering" Maybe see if the Houston Tesla Club or Austin One's want to come out and say HI as well....

Reactions: supersnoop
Spotted a Roadster at the McDonnalds off 1960 and 249 a month ago in Houston's NW side. I almost stopped just to say hi to whoever owned it. Now I wish I had. I really wanna pick one up one day.

It was mine if it was RED. I live right there by Vintage Park and usually have it out all the time in the NW area.

PM me if you want to see it and I'll meet you there in Vintage sometime.

Its an awesome car. I've had 2 so far.... I highly recommend it acquiring one if you can FIND one.