TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Random Roadster Sightings

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by doug, Jun 24, 2008.

1. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

2. Roadster

Roadster JdeMO Powered

Why on earth is this thread with 330K+ views not pinned to the Sticky Threadso_O?

3. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

It is now...

• Like x 4
  4. Roadster

Roadster JdeMO Powered

5. Tex EV

Tex EV Member

Think I spotted @jfischer's 2.5 on the way home from getting groceries today. The first Roadster (aside from mine) I've seen in Houston this year!
    red_2_5.jpg

• Like x 1
  6. DeedWest

DeedWest 2011 Roadster 2.5 Sport - VIN 1414

That looks more Radiant Red to me...plus the gray cast wheels - unless @jfischer painted his?

7. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

2.5? I thought he #116 which was a 1.5 that used to be 2-tone (black+red).
    Maybe he repainted it? Or this is a different Roadster from that one.

8. DeedWest

He currently has #1042, but last I saw, it is Fusion Red with standard cast wheels. This car pictured appears to be a wildcard as its rear bumper suggests it’s a 2.5, but it has those 2009 wheels. However, several owners purchased the gray cast wheel set as a spare, so that’s likely the case here.

9. jfischer

jfischer Member

#1409 jfischer, May 28, 2019
    Last edited: May 28, 2019
    F36B0E75-93D5-4E77-AE99-63EC0E740136.jpeg C5155C4B-3CDC-4C39-A940-B28EC1A636A0.jpeg
    I did have #116 which as black and red like you mentioned shown here... and sold it... got a "newer" 2011 2.5 with the larger display and all. Just liked the look of this one I picked up in Atlanta vs my older 2008 #116 one.

Was worried about Battery and PEM failure. This one has had both replaced ( PEM x2, Motor x1 and Battery x1) so I'm playing the odds on not having any failures.... Time will tell.

• Like x 1
  10. jfischer

jfischer Member

#1410 jfischer, May 28, 2019
    Last edited: May 28, 2019
    2CF31C1C-2056-4A01-BAAB-B19008918E0F.jpeg
    Howdy TexEv.

That was me.

Usually I'm out NW Houston way by Vintage Park / 249 & Louetta. You'll see it out there most weekends at night.

• Like x 2
  11. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Congrats on the "upgrade", JFischer.

Looks like you had the wheels powder-coated to gunmetal/gray now?

Or did you find a set of those old wheels from that short time period when Tesla had been painting them dark gray?
    (Tesla had said it was a supplier mistake, but a lot of people liked them that way.)

• Like x 1
  12. im4uttx

im4uttx Member

Happy new owner of 1073...had less than 2500 original miles until I drove it from Dallas to Austin last weekend, to its new home in Spicewood, Texas...I have questions as a new owner, but will save those for another time...

Finally bit the bullet after 6+ years of thinking....

Mark

• Like x 4
  13. jfischer

jfischer Member

Congrats on your OUTSTANDING acquisition.

Once you have one.... its hard to go drive anything else. So freaking FAST! including my Hennessy Viper in the mix.

I'm on my 2nd one (#116 and now #1043) and wouldn't trade it for anything!. Feel free to ask if you have any questions. I'd suggest you pull your logs and see how your battery is behaving. at 2500 miles, I doubt you'll have any issues, but better safe than sorry! We can all walk you thru how to pull it. I get up to Austin and Brenham a lot. Maybe coordinate a meet up with sometime over some great BBQ.

Congrats again!

14. DeedWest

Count me in for a Texas meet-up at some point. I’m always game for a road trip in my 2.5 Sport. I’d imagine @Tex EV would like to join as well.

• Like x 1
  15. Tex EV

Tex EV Member

The Rudy's BBQ in Round Rock now has destination chargers, and coincidentally was where the first car club I joined in college regularly met. Would be so freakin awesome to have a Tesla meet there!

16. im4uttx

im4uttx Member

I tried to get a quick charge there on the way from Dallas. Both Tesla chargers occupied...made it to the Rudy's on 620 near 2222 to get a little juice for the rest of the trip. Seems to be a little less crowded at this location. Good BBQ and free electricity.

17. jfischer

jfischer Member

I'm up for a meet and greet at Rudy's! Great IDEA. I'll make a weekend of it around Austin. I'll need the charge "TIME" anyway..

Sigh...Wish we had SUPERCHARGER capability!

Let me know when everyone has time and we can try to plan a "gathering" Maybe see if the Houston Tesla Club or Austin One's want to come out and say HI as well....

• Like x 1
  18. jfischer

jfischer Member

Ill be up at the Coffee and Cars in the Woodlands, TX on Sunday with the roadster ( 8-11am Market Street) if anyone else is around there... come say HI

19. Rojer Lockless

Spotted a Roadster at the McDonnalds off 1960 and 249 a month ago in Houston's NW side. I almost stopped just to say hi to whoever owned it. Now I wish I had. I really wanna pick one up one day.

20. jfischer

jfischer Member

It was mine if it was RED. I live right there by Vintage Park and usually have it out all the time in the NW area.

PM me if you want to see it and I'll meet you there in Vintage sometime.

Its an awesome car. I've had 2 so far.... I highly recommend it acquiring one if you can FIND one.

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1