Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Roadster Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spotted at rest area in PNW:
--

Attachments

• pnw_1.png
    pnw_1.png
    604.2 KB · Views: 136
  • pnw_2.png
    pnw_2.png
    629.6 KB · Views: 123
  • pnw_3.png
    pnw_3.png
    619.8 KB · Views: 112
  • pnw_4.png
    pnw_4.png
    619.7 KB · Views: 110
  • pnw_5.png
    pnw_5.png
    552.7 KB · Views: 105
Nice work Det. @Bunnak! IMHO, this provides evidence that Tesla has indeed been harvesting "trade in" cadavers for organs. Sad to see but also heartened to know they're hopefully keeping others on the road. Definitely don't agree with fully functional, drivable examples getting relegated to this fate so I'm going to myopically imagine they were each beyond help.

Nice work Det. @Bunnak! IMHO, this provides evidence that Tesla has indeed been harvesting "trade in" cadavers for organs. Sad to see but also heartened to know they're hopefully keeping others on the road. Definitely don't agree with fully functional, drivable examples getting relegated to this fate so I'm going to myopically imagine they were each beyond help.

I was given an offer on my roadster for 15k above private party, if I were to purchase a Y Performance before EOQ. I asked what they were going to do with the car, they advised that it was going to be used to bring a few of the cars that they have in the back, back on the road. One with my PEM and one with my ESS.... sounds like they're killing them off to me.

Right before the 3.5/4.0 Q3 or 4 earnings push....citing covid for the delay.

• Informative
Reactions: RobsJester
I was given an offer on my roadster for 15k above private party, if I were to purchase a Y Performance before EOQ. I asked what they were going to do with the car, they advised that it was going to be used to bring a few of the cars that they have in the back, back on the road. One with my PEM and one with my ESS.... sounds like they're killing them off to me.

Right before the 3.5/4.0 Q3 or 4 earnings push....citing covid for the delay.
That doesn't sound promising on the battery update timeline, if Tesla is buying running cars to replace PEM/battery on non-running cars. Since PEMs can be rebuilt, sounds like the extra $ is for the battery, but perhaps they don't have the expertise on rebuilding PEMs at this time either...

Good/bad news though...take 1 car apart to put 2 back on the road...too bad to takes a running car off the road to get 2 on the road, but in the long run, it's fewer original roadsters on the road long term, so value should continue to rise...

Reactions: ra88it
That doesn't sound promising on the battery update timeline, if Tesla is buying running cars to replace PEM/battery on non-running cars. Since PEMs can be rebuilt, sounds like the extra $ is for the battery, but perhaps they don't have the expertise on rebuilding PEMs at this time either...

Good/bad news though...take 1 car apart to put 2 back on the road...too bad to takes a running car off the road to get 2 on the road, but in the long run, it's fewer original roadsters on the road long term, so value should continue to rise...

Understand that Tesla is not rebuilding PEMs, they're advising clients of options to have this done at aftermarket shops. 933 is in the process of such an endeavor after getting a new ESS @ a service center.

Reactions: Bunnak
saw this beauty today in Arlington, Tx. Literally never thought i'd see one. Anybody know anything about it by looking at it? year? how he would have gotten it? price? etc?

I think it is Roadster #1277 ( 2011, non-sport )
1277.jpg

The front bumper implies 2.5 body package (so 2010/2011 model.)
The wheels imply base model (not sport).

It looks like there is a custom blue sticker or object in front of the rearview mirror.

Was there a "Jesus-Fish" on the back?

Last edited:
by 1277 do you mean the 1277th roadster made? And i'm assuming scotty2541 is the owner. small world. ha! Sorry if i was creeping by your car, brother! It is sweet!

In the US, the VIN sequences don’t directly correlate with actual production numbers, but of the 1464 sequenced “normal” production cars (excluding Founders, Engineering, and Validation Prototypes), that one is 1277.