Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Roadster Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Around Broomfield? #1362...

P1362-2.png

Well, tonight was quite randomly cool and wonderful. I had a challenging and long day of work today. Although I did take a late afternoon/early evening break between roughly 5:30 pm and 8 pm, I did not finish all I needed to get done until 10:30 pm. I had to unwind and decided to take midnight drive in the Roadster.

On the way home, I drive up behind another Roadster - at about 12:40 am in Phoenix (we were actually in Tempe at the time and then drove into the Phoenix city limits) on a Wednesday night/Thursday morning.

Unbelievable!

We gave each other a fist bump (well, more like a wave and horn honk) and drove pretty much side by side for another 10-15 miles or so. I'm sure it was quite surprising for a few other cars driving around us as well.

I fortuitously had some dash cam footage:

Midnight%20Roadsters%206-22-2017%20-%202.jpg

I had a great time talking to Don Cox today in Lincoln Nebraska. His knowledge and promotion of Tesla was incredible. He brought his S90D and Roaster #60 out for the LES sustainable living festival.

#60 has about 55,000 miles on it now with about 20% battery loss. With 15,000 miles on the 5 month old S90D he loves taking it on trips.

IMG_20170729_105239109.jpg
IMG_20170729_105254275_HDR.jpg

Reactions: ICON
I had a great time talking to Don Cox today in Lincoln Nebraska. His knowledge and promotion of Tesla was incredible. He brought his S90D and Roaster #60 out for the LES sustainable living festival.

#60 has about 55,000 miles on it now with about 20% battery loss. With 15,000 miles on the 5 month old S90D he loves taking it on trips.

View attachment 238576 View attachment 238578

wow 20% battery loss is pretty bad! I have about 75K miles on mine and standard charge is 165 miles (~11% loss from 185 miles)

I saw a lady in a Radiant Red Sport Friday 8/4 @ 8:20a in downtown Denver. I rarely get to see them in the wild. That was the first time I've seen radiant red in person and pictures do not do that color justice. It's beautiful.

If you are on the forums, PM ViviV or myself. We are planning a roadster owners meeting in September and we'd love to have you join us.

Attachments

• IMG_4960.jpg
    IMG_4960.jpg
    730.2 KB · Views: 61
  • Love
Reactions: ViviV and DeedWest
I'll consider driving up for this
@DeedWest That is awesome. I will PM you the details. Colorado is now our 2nd home so as a disclaimer, my Roadster is in NJ therefore my husband and I will be in a rented Model S. In NJ, there is a Tesla owners meet up scheduled near Princeton NJ on August 20th and I have contacted all the NJ Roadster owners I am aware of to invite them. Hoping to have at least 3 Roadsters. If there are any Roadsters in the NJ area that I missed and who would like to join, please PM me. If you can't come on the 20th or anyone who is willing/interested in traveling to a NJ Roadster meet up in the future please contact me.

@DeedWest That is awesome. I will PM you the details. Colorado is now our 2nd home so as a disclaimer, my Roadster is in NJ therefore my husband and I will be in a rented Model S. In NJ, there is a Tesla owners meet up scheduled near Princeton NJ on August 20th and I have contacted all the NJ Roadster owners I am aware of to invite them. Hoping to have at least 3 Roadsters. If there are any Roadsters in the NJ area that I missed and who would like to join, please PM me. If you can't come on the 20th or anyone who is willing/interested in traveling to a NJ Roadster meet up in the future please contact me.

Paging @mpt