Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Roadster Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ah, that's the ultra rare Side Mirror Delete Pkg for the discerning buyer who preferred the purest and most masochistic driving experience.

Seriously though, no idea how/why anyone would even attempt to drive a Roadster without proper mirrors due to the massive B-pillar blind spots.

BTW... seeing one sans side mirrors is like seeing Shrek w/o ears. Can't unsee it sadly :confused:

J0tf5Bql.jpg

While I was putting my "slightly" damaged 2010 2.5 roadster on a truck bound for Carl and its repair....

View attachment 487891

Pains me every time I see it! AUGH!

I saw this one in Tesla North Houston SC today. Nice color and hard top. Love the black accent on the hood as well.. might do that to mine as it gets a new paint job to boot....

View attachment 487892

#0851... nice car whoever owns it!

Looks like 851 has a ton of upgrades...2.5 front fascia, carbon fiber, and if you look closely, it has the 2.5 Double-DIN retrofit (you can tell by the longer vents above the dash).

Glad to hear your car’s headed to Carl’s shop! Nowadays, he’s one of the only people I trust to rebuild these cars the correct way. And you should definitely have him upgrade the hood to carbon! It looks killer on Fusion Red. Keep us updated!

Looks like 851 has a ton of upgrades...2.5 front fascia, carbon fiber, and if you look closely, it has the 2.5 Double-DIN retrofit (you can tell by the longer vents above the dash).

Glad to hear your car’s headed to Carl’s shop! Nowadays, he’s one of the only people I trust to rebuild these cars the correct way. And you should definitely have him upgrade the hood to carbon! It looks killer on Fusion Red. Keep us updated!

Thanks Thomas!

And agree since I'm getting a new hood anyways, ill get CF on the hood, door sills and the tail like I had on my old black and red #116. I need to get SOMETHING POSITIVE out of this fiasco

Not entirely random. I met someone for coffee in a fairly affluent area of San Diego and a boutique car dealer had not one, but two, Roadsters for sale.

View attachment 438471
Funny I was looking back of past threads and came across this and said, WOW, that is our car (the Twilight Blue one). We just purchased #673 the first of this month and couldn't be more excited to add it with our M3 and our MY when they start shipping. It had been sitting outside for awhile. I spent the first full week of ownership detailing the car in a five step process of 1)washing, 2) clay bar, 3) buffing with rubbing compound, 4) buffing with polish and finally 5) buffing with wax. I use a Mothers buffing kit which I purchased a couple of years ago and it is GREAT. This car had the typical fine scratches and after I was done 95% were gone. It was a one owner car which lived it's life in this area. It had 49,500 miles on it, got it home put it on a charger and the battery is right at 177 miles on a standard charge. The owner had pretty much clear wrapped the the entire car except for the doors. I will probably remove and replace the clear wrap on the front bumper, hood and louvers.

• Love
Reactions: DeedWest and ggr
Funny I was looking back of past threads and came across this and said, WOW, that is our car (the Twilight Blue one). We just purchased #673 the first of this month and couldn't be more excited to add it with our M3 and our MY when they start shipping. It had been sitting outside for awhile. I spent the first full week of ownership detailing the car in a five step process of 1)washing, 2) clay bar, 3) buffing with rubbing compound, 4) buffing with polish and finally 5) buffing with wax. I use a Mothers buffing kit which I purchased a couple of years ago and it is GREAT. This car had the typical fine scratches and after I was done 95% were gone. It was a one owner car which lived it's life in this area. It had 49,500 miles on it, got it home put it on a charger and the battery is right at 177 miles on a standard charge. The owner had pretty much clear wrapped the the entire car except for the doors. I will probably remove and replace the clear wrap on the front bumper, hood and louvers.

That sounds like one beautiful and well cared-for vehicle. I’ve noticed that California one-owner Roadsters have incredible battery health.

Also, that clear bra was factory. There was a “Paint Armor” option for $1495 that covered the bumper, louvers, mirrors, door edges, rear quarter panels, and inner trunk. Something like 85% of U.S. Roadsters had it.

I’m looking to upgrade my Very Orange to have CF hood and CF spoiler. Anyone know where I can get this done? Carl in Seattle can do this?