Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Roadster Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't understand is Tesla paying people $90k to trade them in or are people not even aware of the current market value?

I suspect it’s a bit more complicated than that. Typically a bricked Rodster is not going to fetch $90k. So Tesla is probably offering less. But it’s an immediate trade in value to get a nice shiny new Tesla with modern conveniences, software, and a warranty. I suspect people just don’t want the hassle of trying to sell a bricked vehicle and Tesla makes it easy for them.

Here is a bit of good news for the current Roadster owners. ;)

I am not sure the exact price but vin 2500 sold for $450,000 or more new. TI see the rarer low-mile cars are coming out of the garages. There are a few with less than 500 miles on them. I know of a 2.5 with 250 miles and there are others.

Here is a sad state of affairs... I recently spotted these roadsters in the parts boneyard at the Tesla Service Center in Fremont.

1647664316485.png

1647664460345.png

1647664478154.png

1647664302503.png

Here is a sad state of affairs... I recently spotted these roadsters in the parts boneyard at the Tesla Service Center in Fremont.

View attachment 782872

View attachment 782877

View attachment 782878

View attachment 782871
A sad sight to see for sure. I saw those there a couple of months back. Two of them with the covers pulled off during the rain.There also was a red one there as well. The VIN numbers I saw at the time were VIN 748 & 944, but one of the ones I saw was a fusion red car mostly intact.
PXL_20211023_005526278~2.jpg
20211226_164359~2.jpg

Last edited:
A sad sight to see for sure. I saw those there a couple of months back. Two of them with the covers pulled off during the rain.There also was a red one there as well. The VIN numbers I saw at the time were VIN 748 & 944, but one of the ones I saw was a fusion red car mostly intact.View attachment 783066View attachment 783071
I get sick to my stomach every time I see one of these.

Did it have current tags? Really hoping it wasn't a trade in!

I was at the Littleton CO service center 5/17, walk-in parts order for my Model 3, and saw a technician parking a silver colored Roadster (#800-ish). I casually asked him about white Roadster #1112. It was--and still is--in for service. Parts recently arrived, and it should be back on the road soon. Turns out this technician is the main Roadster guru for the Rocky Mountain region. A regional service training seminar was recently held. Cool to know this service center is very much dedicated to the Roadster.

I have frequently seen Dan O'Dowd driving his red Roadster here in town. I have known him since before he owned the Roadster! I would guess this is probably his. It is the only Roadster I see semi-regularly here in town. I think there are about a half dozen Roadsters in Santa Barbara.

Reactions: drewski
I have frequently seen Dan O'Dowd driving his red Roadster here in town. I have known him since before he owned the Roadster! I would guess this is probably his. It is the only Roadster I see semi-regularly here in town. I think there are about a half dozen Roadsters in Santa Barbara.
Here I thought it was just you and me around these parts. We should have a SB get together. I'm not sure if they are still doing the C&C in the Sears parking lot, but maybe we could meet up there or somewhere else.

Here I thought it was just you and me around these parts. We should have a SB get together. I'm not sure if they are still doing the C&C in the Sears parking lot, but maybe we could meet up there or somewhere else.
I'm aware of 4 Roadsters that call SB their home, or at least they did at one time. I've only met 2 of them. My mother lives there so she keeps track of them, lol.